Instructor internship in Australia, New Zealand or South Pacific?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CMAS is the agency in French Polynesia - although i doubt you will find anyone to take you on to do your internship there and the cost of living will make it almost impossible. You would also need to have an excellent grasp of French.
If you are an engineer at 18 looking for work in Aus be prepared for a long long struggle. My degreed engineers are having trouble finding jobs through civil, mech, electrical fields and my diploma students (which you would have to be given your age at most) are struggling to find entry level drafting positions.
Re the price of living in Aus V Switzerland - varies state to state, Western Australia where most of the mining is going on (and in a downturn at the moment) has a higher cost of living than New York City.
Not trying to discourage you just suggesting that your plan to get a job as an engineer here then get a dive internship may be a pipe dream at the moment.

CMAS is the agency in French Polynesia - although i doubt you will find anyone to take you on to do your internship there and the cost of living will make it almost impossible. You would also need to have an excellent grasp of French.

CMAS in Australia: AUF

Re the price of living in Aus V Switzerland - varies state to state, Western Australia where most of the mining is going on (and in a downturn at the moment) has a higher cost of living than New York City.

I'm not looking for a job to earn a lot.
About the cost of living: have a look at: ECA International
In the top 50 list are a few Swiss cites more expensive, compared to all OZ cites!

If you are an engineer at 18 looking for work in Aus be prepared for a long long struggle. My degreed engineers are having trouble finding jobs through civil, mech, electrical fields and my diploma students (which you would have to be given your age at most) are struggling to find entry level drafting positions.

I was not looking for any job as an engineer! (as written on July 31. 2013!) Pleas read the howl tread before, answers.

Not trying to discourage you just suggesting that your plan to get a job as an engineer here then get a dive internship may be a pipe dream at the moment.

I found for what I was searching for all ready. I gonna do an Instructor internship in New Zealand. (read my post form the October 22. 2013) Pleas read the howl tread before, answers.

Mmm ok .. howl tread...lost in translation will just leave this one alone.

Wow you waited 6 years to find a link to prove yourself right? - I admire your dedication to proving yourself right if you now feel validated - good on you!

NZ seemed to work out for that person - how did Picton work out for you?

Try to contact Dive Tutukaka in Northland, New Zealand. They may be able to provide some information. The diving here is very seasonal and Dive Tutukaka hires foreigners during the summer season (December - April?). They are the largest operator around with 6 or 7 boats from small (6 divers) to huge (100 people) and cater to tourists so speaking multiple languages will be a plus.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom