Rah rah for stabjackets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tridacna

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I’ve been diving in a back-inflate BC of sorts exclusively for at least 15 years. No complaints. Today I forgot my BPW at home and had to borrow a jacket bc for a dive. A wee bit awkward underwater but OH SO comfortable on the surface! I guess that I’m used to minimal inflate then resting back and pushing my legs up in a back-inflate. Then maintaining that balance. No fun in a chop. Jackets are just so darn easy on the surface. It’s like being in a life-raft. I’m not going back but it sure was comfortable.

I’ve been diving in a back-inflate BC of sorts exclusively for at least 15 years. No complaints. Today I forgot my BPW at home and had to borrow a jacket bc for a dive. A wee bit awkward underwater but OH SO comfortable on the surface! I guess that I’m used to minimal inflate then resting back and pushing my legs up in a back-inflate. Then maintaining that balance. No fun in a chop. Jackets are just so darn easy on the surface. It’s like being in a life-raft. I’m not going back but it sure was comfortable.

It is best in a SP classic stab jacket. I can take a nap on the surface without any effort at all.

I certified in a back inflate in 1985. Never had any reason to buy one.

There are times that I miss riding that high.

If my back was not so sensitive to weight belts I would use nothing other than the SP Stab , the surface ride is just so comfortable , not to mention the " no roll " u/w

If my back was not so sensitive to weight belts I would use nothing other than the SP Stab , the surface ride is just so comfortable , not to mention the " no roll " u/w

The SP "Classic BC" I have is weight integrated, I have had it for over 15 years now.

By lowering the tank position (i.e. strapping the cam band as high as possible, right below the dome part of the tank), I can even feel like having life jacket on the surface. :)

I have a SP Classic stab jacket, a SP Lighthawk and a Diverite backpack and wing. For warm water recreational diving and photography, I still prefer the stab.

Today I forgot my BPW at home...

How’d that happen?

I’m with you on the Stab jacket, even tho it puts me 36 points below BPW on the CDG Scale (chicks dig it).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom