Reviews on Triton's Abacus / divecomputer.eu anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Look in dive parameters, there is a possibility to choose the last deco-stop, if you choose 6m, it will never give you a 3m stop....
You misunderstand me. I'm saying it doesn't give the deep stops I'm expecting, just lots at 6m.

For example 20 mins at 40m, subsurface running 30/90 gives
1 @ 12m
2 @ 9m
8 @ 6m

This is what the OSTC gives me, it doesn't seem like that's what the Tecdiving one gives me.

It did give me 2 mins at 18m on a longer nitrox dive once. The OSTC was giving me 1 minute at 15m so I waited to clear the 18m stops. When it cleared, it then said I had to do 3 mins at 15m and I'd barely finished swearing at it before this disappeared and it said I could go straight to 6m.

Total deco time was the same as the OSTC, I just don't believe it's calculating the lower GF properly.

Total deco time was the same as the OSTC, I just don't believe it's calculating the lower GF properly.

There's quite few things you can fiddle with when writing the implementation. E.g. projected off-gassing during ascent to the stop: a computer that does not factor it in may give you a stop at 18 m, and that stop may or may not clear immediately when you get there. Or even before you get there, dep. on your depth, ascent rate, and computer's recalculation interval.

The very same math but factoring in ascent time at some "safe" rate can easily give you the next stop up right away. That would be 15 msw as everyone uses 3 msw spacing.

If you've calculated a stop at 18 msw, do you let it clear on the way up (confusing interface, stops "disappearing" on you), or do you make the user spend a (unnecessary) minute there before giving them the next one? Etfc.

There's quite few things you can fiddle with when writing the implementation. E.g. projected off-gassing during ascent to the stop: a computer that does not factor it in may give you a stop at 18 m, and that stop may or may not clear immediately when you get there. Or even before you get there, dep. on your depth, ascent rate, and computer's recalculation interval.
This is true but your ascent rate would have to be very slow to come up from a 25 minute dive to 40m and have no stops deeper than at 6m on 30/90. And the computer should be showing these deeper stops when you leave the bottom even if they clear before you get there.

Also one minute clearing before I get to the right depth makes perfect sense. 3 minutes instantly clearing before I get there, less so.

Also one minute clearing before I get to the right depth makes perfect sense. 3 minutes instantly clearing before I get there, less so.

:D Yeah, that's too much. 1st stop depth is P - a * GFLo / (GFLo / b + 1 - GFLo ) -- I wouldn't put it past a programer to get the math wrong, but that'd take real talent. I still think it's more likely they're using e.g. a 4-minute 1st compartment where others are using the 5-minute one, or something...

These are my buddy's dive computers after 5 days out of 6 diving in Scapa Flow. Both set to 50/90, both went on all dives, and this is about an hour after the last one.

Check the desaturation times.

Attachments

• 20191011_143409_HDR.jpg
    20191011_143409_HDR.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 131
Real talent it is, then. o_O

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom