Now GoPro studio is discontinued....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TruckDiver1981

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So this may not be exactly specific to diving, but what are people using? I used the old studio to make time lapses (i have done a diving time lapse but it was not great!) and i found Quik to be rubbish. I have just updated my macbook to Catalina and now the studio is not compatable any more, nor will it be updated by GoPro. So does anyone know any good alternatives to create time lapses at all?

Thanks in advance

I never really cared for GoPro studio as it couldn't edit right from the SD card and instead had to convert each clip and save it to the HD before creating the video.

In my quest to find the fastest way to capture, edit and produce dive videos I bought the Paralenz and use Video Maker | How to Make a Video with Movavi Video Suite. This app allows you to edit straight from the SD card, has color correcting capability and all the text animations, effects and transitions you would need to create good videos. I don't know if they still do this, but if you try to uninstall the free trial they would give you a discount code to buy the app.

I could never get the GoPro software to work. Crashed or couldn't process. I'm using DaVinci Resolve to do my editing.

Davinci Resolve was recommended by the video folks where I work. There's the $bazillion version that works in our editing suites, but the free version does everything that a mere mortal could need.

DaVinci Resolve 16 | Blackmagic Design

There's very good (free) training for this as well. I'm working through the version 15 book (free) using the free version of 16, as well as editing my first UW videos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom