Scuba diving and sickle cell trait

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You have a condition that can result in complications while under the water. Below the surface is not the point in time your dive partner should become aware you have a known medical issue. Either disclose your condition to everyone you plan to enter the water with so they can make an informed decision about diving with you, or take up another activity. Don't let selfishness jeopardize the lives of your dive partners.

-Z

Not sure where you got the idea I was being selfish or the idea that I wasn't going to disclose this to anyone I'd be diving with. That was never remotely indicated anywhere in any of my posts.

You have a condition that can result in complications while under the water. Below the surface is not the point in time your dive partner should become aware you have a known medical issue. Either disclose your condition to everyone you plan to enter the water with so they can make an informed decision about diving with you, or take up another activity. Don't let selfishness jeopardize the lives of your dive partners.

-Z

He was cleared to dive by a physician trained and experienced in examining divers for fitness.

Best regards,
DDM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom