Clermont Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lukeb

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey,

I am trying to get some info on diving the freshwater Lakes in Clermont. Does anyone have first hand experience with diving any of them? Or does anyone stay in touch with Allen Sherrod who used to own South Lake Divers by Lake Sunnyside? I know he used to dive the local lakes.

There used to be more information on the internet about the local lakes but it has since disappeared.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

There's one spring fed lake about a block from 27 and 50. There are much nicer places to dive.

Which lake is spring fed? I've dived Sunnyside Lake but I don't think it is spring fed (unless I haven't found the vent yet!)

It would be nice to hit a local spot in Clermont. I keep looking at Lake Apopka, one day it will happen.

Better have cave training for Lake Apopka. It's literally a killer. It's deadly as phuck.

I've read a few reports for Lake Apopka, and definitely agree on the need for Cave training. Dayo Scuba had a really good write up of a trip they did there some years ago. I would love to dive it but the alligators swimming around the boat does make you think twice about it!

I am still learning the area, good to see there is diving in my backyard. Now to get some more experience before I start into the tech side. I have become knowledgeable of the gators around here. There are quite a few. Some really really hate their picture taken. A friendly FYI.

I have been in the Clermont area about 7 years and have found quite a lot of good diving within an hour or two of here if you don't mind being creative! There are springs, lakes, rivers, and of course the ocean on both sides. If you haven't already got it, Ned De Loach's book on Underwater Florida is invaluable for finding hidden dive locations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom