Belize Dive Haven?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone heard any updates on this hotel- ‘resort’?

Anyone heard any updates on this hotel- ‘resort’?

There's some newer reviews up on TripAdvisor but they don't overly inform me.

I'd like to know if there's still a surcharge for diving Halmoon Caye. I know that the diving is very good Caribbean diving out that way but Halfmoon Caye is my happy place.

I've been periodically tracking Dive Haven since last summer. It appears that they have had trouble/delays in finishing off the construction and adding the amenities. It does appear that they have nitrox now and offer 3 boat dives/day, no shore diving. I wonder how frequently they get over to Lighthouse Reef? Perhaps some SBers will get there and post a detailed review.

It appears that the SB Surge will be there in a little less than a year ScubaBoard SURGE 2021 Belize Package Deal. I would guess we will get plenty of feedback then. Will give the resort some more time to get ready.

I really hope they sort it all out before the guys get there. It’s a great location but the absurd propaganda has put me off a little.

Website claim: ‘this is the greatest resort in the universe and makes the 4 season look like a dump, Sir Hakim is a genius of hotels and business lucky deals! ’

First hand report ‘this place is a dump and shouldn’t be open for business’

I’m sure they will sort it out this year...it would be a great group spot...the report of the 50% discount still being 90% overpriced was a killer, but they have a lot of funding, so I’m sure it will hit the mark soon.

Hmmm. Whoever came up with the idea of taking a large group there in a year is definitely a risk taker. So many well established places to stay in Belize. I'm really surprised they chose this one, even though large group accommodations aren't easy or cheap to come by out on the atoll.

Good thing it's nearly a year off as it seems like Dive Haven still isn't ready for prime time.

Those reviews will probably make or break the place as far as this board is concerned.

I hope for everyone's sake it goes well.

Website claim: ‘this is the greatest resort in the universe and makes the 4 season look like a dump, Sir Hakim is a genius of hotels and business lucky deals! ’

First hand report ‘this place is a dump and shouldn’t be open for business.

Does it really state that it makes the "4 season" look like a dump? That's um, weird. It's bad practice to try to make yourself look good by badmouthing the competition. Plus, unless I missed something there's no 4 Seasons in Belize. I've never stayed at a 4 Seasons, but I have enjoyed drinks or dinner in them. They aren't dumps. In fact, they're the very opposite.

Which emphasizes the absurdity of the propaganda.. it’s quite evident that the reviews were terrible and some bright spark in the hakim family PR machine asked extended family members to post absurdly gratifying reviews akin to a gulf war ‘comical Ali’ press conference..
there is no way I would risk it unless I had a first hand account of it being at least 4/5 from someone I trusted.
the joint stinks of fyre festival ripoff until they sort it out..

Does it really state that it makes the "4 season" look like a dump? That's um, weird. It's bad practice to try to make yourself look good by badmouthing the competition. Plus, unless I missed something there's no 4 Seasons in Belize. I've never stayed at a 4 Seasons, but I have enjoyed drinks or dinner in them. They aren't dumps. In fact, they're the very opposite.
Agreed - shows it’s a planted, fake review!!!

We stayed at TIR for 10 days in December and never saw one of Dive Haven's boats, which made me very happy. I asked the TIR staff about Dive Haven's activity and they said they rarely see any sign of them even though you can see the ugly white thing at a distance. You can gather I'm not too fond of it and I think a resort of that size has no business being out on Turneffe Atoll. I'm very concerned that a resort with that large a foot print can only negatively impact the atoll.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom