Slight Norte

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Dillehay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Today a moderate norte came through Houston. Looks like it may hit Cozumel on Friday, but not too strong but be prepared. May last through Sunday but still "iffy"

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers

Today a moderate norte came through Houston. Looks like it may hit Cozumel on Friday, but not too strong but be prepared. May last through Sunday but still "iffy"

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers
I dunno, Dave; it's moving pretty slowly. When I left Austin for Houston on Tuesday it was cold and rainy, but in Houston it was 75 degrees. When I left Houston on Wednesday it was still in the 70's there but still cold here in Austin. In nearly 24 hours the line between warm and cold hadn't moved very far. There's another shot of cold air due here soon, though; maybe that one will move faster.

This morning in Houston it is a cold and windy 40 F. Expect norte in Coz Friday, probably late in the day so dive early.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

It came thru the Panhandle a couple of days ago, 15 degrees last night, and I broke out long johns and heavy jacket for today. I bet half of Houston was late this morning looking for their coats.

Cozumel Island, Mexico 10-Day Weather Forecast | Weather Underground shows it arriving tonight and making waves all weekend. I hope your port authority doesn't get trigger happy.

It came thru the Panhandle a couple of days ago, 15 degrees last night, and I broke out long johns and heavy jacket for today. I bet half of Houston was late this morning looking for their coats.

Cozumel Island, Mexico 10-Day Weather Forecast | Weather Underground shows it arriving tonight and making waves all weekend. I hope your port authority doesn't get trigger happy.

Wind has died down a bit in Houston, and looking at windguru.com shows it to be not too strong on friday in Coz. My bet is the port will be open for at least morning dives friday, and maybe all weekend but it won't be comfortable out there.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

It does.not look like it will be an issue. Seems to have enough of an easterly component.

Screenshot_20191101-045753.png

Awesome dives this morning South. Sea was glass when we came up. No worries today. Night dive tonight looks fine as well. Headed to Playa for cenotes tomorrow than the finish up Sunday and Monday with Jorge and Shariff. The northern sites are amazing! Not like anything we have dove before.

Jay

Part Deux- did a 96 minute night dive at Yukab. Saw several Octopi, one even stayed out for several minutes. Stumbled upon a baby trunk fish nursery, and had a small-ish puffer fish giving us a tour of his neighborhood. He just swam with us for quiet a while, and I fed every anemone on the reef all the worms they could eat. My wife was babbling non-stop about all the Octopi like a kid on a Christmas morning high as soon as we hit the surface. Weather wise, maybe a little rougher on the way back in but nothing serious. Probably the second best night dive ever, the only thing missing was nurse sharks...and maybe Sophia Vergara....

We have spent almost 4 1/2 hours under water today on 3 dives....damn good day!!!

Jay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom