Starting down the DH rabbit hole

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm right here with you. I started building MK 10's and decided a DAAM would be fun. I got the tools from Herman and need to order the other parts to get started.

It's going to be fun!

The only problem I have with vintage gear, is that My wife is an enabler. She is an antiques nut, and doesn't mind when I display (leave laying around) my vintage gear. It's only when the new stuff is being displayed that she fusses.

James79 what part of LA? I am located in West Georgia, and we dive bluewater, and the Florida springs when we can

Seriously, does anyone know if the VDH silicon diaphragm is ok with an original DAAM, or if there is a silicon replacement available?
v/r
James

I couldn't find a tabbed 2nd stage diaphragm when I rebuilt my Voit VR2 so I improvised with a modern single stage silicone diaphragm and added a tab plate from an old thrashed diaphragm. Works fantastic!

qh9QSd.jpg

23fRFN.jpg

aKzLbz.jpg

Old diaphragms:
tIElpL.jpg

I'm i
The only problem I have with vintage gear, is that My wife is an enabler. She is an antiques nut, and doesn't mind when I display (leave laying around) my vintage gear. It's only when the new stuff is being displayed that she fusses.

James79 what part of LA? I am located in West Georgia, and we dive bluewater, and the Florida springs when we can
I'm in Enterprise Alabama, mostly go to Morrison springs for gear testing, and started going to St. Andrews to dive the jetties.

I couldn't find a tabbed 2nd stage diaphragm when I rebuilt my Voit VR2 so I improvised with a modern single stage silicone diaphragm and added a tab plate from an old thrashed diaphragm. Works fantastic!

View attachment 548059
View attachment 548060
View attachment 548061
Old diaphragms:
View attachment 548062
Cool, thanks! My DAAM dhould get here Monday (according to USPS)... So I'll start figuring out what it needs then.

Vintage dive gear accumulates because it is easy to buy but hard to sell.

I can't find my workbench anymore... :)

evGrCm.jpg

You could always mail some of it to me for proper disposal.. I'd even pay postage!

Sure. PayPal me $100,000 (including postage) and I'll send you everything I got. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom