Ginnie Springs and Nestle Bottled Water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matts1w

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Jakarta, Indonesia & Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Ginnie*

Nestle should pay $1/liter (bottles are approx 1/2 liter) to the state, and the money should be used to fund something like a desal plant. They could still make a small profit, and hopefully the desalinization plant would eventually be a viable source of water for the masses.

Somewhere there's an intake pipe

Nestle should pay $1/liter (bottles are approx 1/2 liter) to the state, and the money should be used to fund something like a desal plant. They could still make a small profit, and hopefully the desalinization plant would eventually be a viable source of water for the masses.

You do realize that much of the cost for bottle water at stores is due to the overhead and markup of the store?

Your tax would be 5-10 times the price of the wholesale price of bottled water (which has already gone through one markup cycle).

But I agree that there should be a tax, not just a flat application fee. A reasonable tax of 0.5-2 cents per gallon, paid directly to the areas in the water basin would be a good idea. At 1 cent per a gallon that would be almost a half a million per year.

Bottled water is the highest profit margin item in retail. I challenge you to find a higher return item per square foot of floor space in a convenience or grocery store.

Bottled water is the highest profit margin item in retail. I challenge you to find a higher return item per square foot of floor space in a convenience or grocery store.

That's probably true.... A bit off topic but I once had a McDonald's franchsee tell me that iced tea had a massive gross margin. Think of it, tap water, a bit of heat and some cheap Lipton tea!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom