Anybody seen the new YouTube Channel "Drenched"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've seen. They look like there having fun. Would like more underwater filming though.

I told The Chairman that SCUBABOARD needs a men's forum. That way when female scuba divers click on links that lead to "Bountiful Bootilicious Babes" we can just say we should not have clicked on any links in the Men's Forum.

Also check out SV Delos on YouTube it has been over 100 episodes and their conservation and diving Outlook had been a good transformation. Also bikinis with cute girls in and out of them.

I've seen. They look like there having fun. Would like more underwater filming though.
Agree, watched first few but got more of a adventure travel feel than actual dive program.

Also check out SV Delos on YouTube it has been over 100 episodes and their conservation and diving Outlook had been a good transformation. Also bikinis with cute girls in and out of them.
Been watching Delos since the beginning of their channel

Agree, watched first few but got more of a adventure travel feel than actual dive program.
I think they are trying to be appealing to a broader audience. The dive world has proven that it does not adequately support media.

There are about 50+ "Drenched Episodes" created for YouTube that began in I believe 2016. These shows simply are the highlights of two young '"dive instructors" who want to see and experience the the entire world. Ms. Jordan Copp is photographer, editor , narrator, cook and bottle washer, and she does a good job, having an outstanding personality. Mr. Nate Porter runs the business end and seems to find the dive sites and keep the "party rolling". Yes, these episodes are short on diving video and mostly a travel show, but it is clearly a low budget operation and these two work very hard to pull these episodes off, kudos to them!! Watch it and see!

They just bought a large sailboat and I think the plan is to convert it so it can be useful for dive charters. Very funky!!

The original Youtube Drenched diving videos were based on the exploits of Nate and Jordan and Drenched Expedition has morphed into a sailing at sea show. The episodes start with the purchase and refurbishing of a large sailing vessel, Sofia, by gathering a multinational crew of young millennial's that have some sailing skills, but little to no dive experience. Videos are made by a crew of joyous, free living, sea voyagers. Capt. Nate and crew sail off into the South Pacific adding his quips, while first mate Jordan and other crew members add insider scenes and commentary. Capt. Nate has successfully navigated some 3,000 miles of island hopping; way to go Nate and crew!

Drenched Expedition is mostly about sailing fun, however SV Sofia travels steadfastly along but lacks a long term, defined destination. Capt. Nate has asked viewers where we should to go next? Sadly scuba diving is secondary to sailing, with only short clips presented. Episodes have strayed away from the glory days of recording the interesting diving adventures by the two dive instructor-actor-creators. They provided viewers with great scenes from many types of dive locations; cataloged their personal activities; captured much sea life and provided ordinary diver realism to each episode. Whereas, "Expedition episodes" are just another twist on many of Youtube's sailing videos.

Nate and Jordan as divers we do understand, its tough creating weekly, "world wide" videos on an apparent shoestring budget, for a limited audience. A transition from scuba at multiple locations to sailing in the South Pacific Ocean is now the show. Compliments to Nate and Jordan and the millennial crew for being able to keep the ship going, while bringing the viewers along. By comparison I much preferred the original Drenched scuba productions. I do wish you all well and keep the party going!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom