K'ooben Laab

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please consider deleting this entire thread. They have seriously excellent good, ridiculously low prices but only 4 tables. If more people find this gem we will never get in :wink: .

You know, for many years I felt the same way about the hotel now known as Blue Angel, née La Perla, then Lorena, then La Reyna, then Caribe Blu. :D

We ate there last night . There were 8 of us and we were lucky. The men sat at the counter. They’re expanding upstairs

Fabulous meal!!!!!!!. We had the gnocchi with Parmesan butter sauce, others had bolognese and more.

I told Luis or Roy (cook and owner) it kind of reminded me of local 707 with the intimacy,but not the ambiance. He was very complimented. He said he loved Christina’s cooking. (Miss Local 707)

We will definitely be back

I am regretting mentioning this place since we loved it so much. When we were last time their was only 2 tables for 2 and the counter. I heard they expanded, but appears they are still working on it. Do they have 4 tables of 2 now?

Where is that pesky delete thread button when you need it?

Best pasta I've ever had. I seriously don't understand how any of the other pasta places on the island stay in business. There isn't even a close second place.

They deliver for 25 peso fee. Consider that instead of dining in, but they have added an upstairs dining area which is now complete. Its still small though.

They also use biodegradable sugarcane to-go boxes and avocado cutlery supplied by my other venture, Isla Bio. So not only do they make outrageously good pasta, they also care about the environment.

The same owners of Koben Laab started a new venture and now sell cold-brewed coffee sold in bottles to-go. If you are a coffee drinker its a must try.

I have had a good giggle watching the chef make a dish and then grab his helmet to go and deliver it. Back again in 15 minutes to start cooking again... They are the very definition of an independent business!

They deliver for 25 peso fee. Consider that instead of dining in, but they have added an upstairs dining area which is now complete. Its still small though.

One of my favorites - will be added to my 2020 restaurant list

Back
Top Bottom