Sidemount PG Hose Length

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MacLir

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all. I am currently a back mount OC diver with about 16 yrs experience and certs up to deco procedures. I dive in the Northeast and, as it happens, I have been blind in my left eye since birth. This has not impeded my diving to date, my main adjustment being to hang stages from my right side to ensure visibility of the short hose PG on the stage. I am now planning on taking sidemount training with Cavern, followed, at a later date, by Basic and Full cave. I believe I would need to use a longer (standard OC length) PG hose on the left side tank in order to ensure visibility in light of my limited field of view to the lower left. My question is: Do standards permit this accommodation, or would this be a disqualifier for Cavern/Cave sidemount training?

Thanks!

Considered running 2 transmitters if you're computer permits? Failing that short, stiff SPG pointing up might be helpful (as long as they are rigid enough to prevent the SPG from dangling down like curb feelers

+1 for running transmitters.

You may want them on your deco bottles as well as running and unbalanced (side to side) rig really sucks in sidemount.

Not only that, but once you hit the "Cave" level you will not be wanting bottles on your right side as it can/will trap your long hose. I would say run AI transmitters. Also, from a point of honest observation, I can close my left eye and still see my left sidemount tank reg and SPG.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom