HP120s cleaning outside

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The HDG seems to have some surface porosity, so the marker gets down in a little. The acetone got about 80% of the marker off of mine - leaves a noticeable but faint remnant.

Try saturating some paper towel with the "Must for Rust", put it on the rusty area, and cover tightly with plastic to keep it moist, it should accelerate it. Porosity may apply here too.

You could also treat the whole thing with cold-galvanizing. I may try it myself since I have some of the Rustoleum version.

Viz was nice. The floating algae clumps were annoying, though. Unfortunately, my cold/sinus infection got the better of me on the night-dive and I decided to bail on today.

I tried alcohol then nail polish remover which took a lot of it off. I did the Must for Rust and Saran wrap and will check it tomorrow. This is the worlds toughest marker.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom