Interesting development from Henderson

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SDD...

If you were in the ''wet suit'' market of the ''high end'' variety...maybe five years from now...if it survives...but certainly not now...

If any of you remember the BARE SB system dry suit...''the dry suit to end all dry suits''...the outer shell started to deteriorate almost immediately...and for those who had them and wore a hogarthian style BP/wing assembly know that the 2'' harness webbing cut through the SB outer shell like butter...

Just saying...revolutionary is not always better...and we normally don't score high on any new products ''labeled'' as ''environmentally friendly''...and why...if were recycling ''garbage'' should it cost more...

Further...tests undertaken for thermal efficiency characteristics...conducted in 82 degree water is not much of a thermal test...bring the 7mm up to Tobermory and conduct a thermal efficiency test...

Before you leap...wait until the negative SB posts start showing up...shouldn't be too long...

W.W...

I just tried on a 3mm suit. Super comfortable, very stretchy, easy to don and doff. Quite spongy - feels different to neoprene. Wish I could have kept it. Definitely getting one. I heard summer 2020 for final release.

How would you say it bodes for compression at depth?
Wondering the same thing - will there be any difference in buoyancy characteristics?

I dont fall for marketing gimmics, mumbojumbo and buzzwords.

I'll leave it for the early adopters to see if its any good.
At pretty much double the cost of a regular high quality suit, i'll pass.

Yes, you have to pay for greenprene, are you surprised? Perhaps the cost is worth it? I will consider this for my next wetsuit purchase. My current wetsuits are all Henderson, Thermoprene or Thermoprene Pro.

I had one scuba shop vender tell me that the stretchy suits thin out when you put them on and offer less insulation. So I guess he means a 5 ml will not really be 5 ml. What do you think of this comment??

I had one scuba shop vender tell me that the stretchy suits thin out when you put them on and offer less insulation. So I guess he means a 5 ml will not really be 5 ml. What do you think of this comment??
If the suit fits well, it is no thinner. If it has to stretch a lot to fit your frame, then yes the material will be thinner where it is stretched. So get a suit that first fits as well as possible, and then stretches a bit where needed to keep you comfortable. And if you are wearing a suit cut from a pattern that doesn't fit you well, one that conforms by stretching will still be far warmer than one shaped the same that does NOT stretch!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom