Shore Dive Experience Levels without Guide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well that’s sweet, on the Internet you can cast aspersions on somebody’s work with no repercussions to yourself.

It’s the truth. I accidentally put a beer down on it and the not laminated cover got ruined from the moisture rolling off the beer. So thus it served as (albeit accidentally) and made a poor coaster. Then again my truck makes a terrible submarine. Most times you use something for things other than it’s intended purpose it performs poorly in the secondary function. As a consumer that owns all three books, it didn’t offer anything the others didn’t have and lacked much the others did for that reason I wouldn’t recommend it.

Let me know how it goes! Enjoy!
Jason
Awesome! Wow......I've got the Bonaire bug now and have only been back 2 days and looking at prices for our return. Things were expensive, so cook out, definetly wear the booties......just more comfortable! But awesome island, not crowed and my 12 year old daughter and I dove the Helma Hooker all by ourselves....no one around! We played with sea turtles at salt pier and petted donkey on surface intervals. Loved Bonaire.

Glad to see you've had a good time, Bonaire is awesome. Just for the future (or other readers) another trick regarding entry and exit: it's easier when you don't have to carry your fins. Get a paracord prusic loop that will fit around your wrist (for easy underwater storage), loop it trough the finstraps and secure it with a double ender on a shoulder d-ring. That way, your fins are out the water and out of your hands.

Awesome! Wow......I've got the Bonaire bug now and have only been back 2 days and looking at prices for our return. Things were expensive, so cook out, definetly wear the booties......just more comfortable! But awesome island, not crowed and my 12 year old daughter and I dove the Helma Hooker all by ourselves....no one around! We played with sea turtles at salt pier and petted donkey on surface intervals. Loved Bonaire.

Amazing! Glad you had such a great time. My wife and I booked a couple of weeks ago. We will be visiting Bonaire the last week of February and we can't wait!

On some past trips I used an older edition of BSDME, and liked it. That said, my most recent trip I got some use out of the Reef Smart Bonaire guide, and I agree it was in a class by itself. The site entries included what I assume is a drone photo of the topside aspect, and that in conjunction with 'how to get there' guidance helped me finally find the Something Special site, and dive it.

Disclaimer: I'm one of those people GPS was made for, I am horrendous at dealing with verbally given navigational directions, and I need maps I can see (and pour over repeatedly even for simple routes).

That said, and not disparaging any other guide, a thumbs up to Reef Smart!

Thanks for the advice, I hadn't heard of the Reef Smart guide and just purchased a copy from Amazon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom