Dive Calculation Spreadsheet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In this major version I added a column to the dive data called EAD (Equivalent Air Depth) which will be of interest to recreational divers. I added a selection box to the %AoM column to select either Surface or Current. Surface will display the controlling tissue compartment's (CTC) percent of the surfacing m-value if offgassing for each dive segment if you could instantly surface. Current will show the percentage of the surfacing m-value at the current point in the dive. This selection also determines the data for the TC's when %AoM is selected under the column TC Data. Fixed a bug in the selection of deco gases when ascending.

dive_102919_v31_0.xls

In this minor update (version 31.1) I added a selection on the SETTINGS sheet to select the density of gases at 0 or 20 degC. I fixed the change HT subroutine which crashed when Cancel or OK was pressed without a selection.

dive_110119_v31_1.xls

Reactions: Jay
@EFX ; Quickly tossed in a dive I have in my log.... Why the "zero gas consumption" (yellow highlighter - second column from end)? What did I input wrong? P.S. didn't do anything with GF as it was there as values when I downloaded it....

upload_2019-11-4_17-8-15.png

In your image of the spreadsheet above you selected 0.08 ft3/min for SAC rate. This is extremely low. For a dive segment of 0.3 minutes the gas usage is 0.024 ft3. There is another issue. When I added the EAD column the Usage column lost its formatting to tenths. It is displaying whole numbers instead. To fix this click on the first cell below in ft3 (or l if the setting is metric) and select the column all the way down to row 400. Right click and select format, click on Number and set the decimal place to 1, click on OK. Or, download the following revision.

oops, obviously my rate is not that... 0.8 was an intended input, and didn't realize it as a fast glance it appeared right....

In this major version release (v32.0) I added a column to the %AoM and called it CTC %GF or %MV. Now, current and surface %GF can be displayed side by side for each dive segment. This is now called CTC %GF or %MV. The old %m-value is still available but is now calculated for current and surface values and is called %MV. A selection was added to the deco common section to select either %GF or %MV. TC Data was also changed to display either current or surface GF for the TC data in addition to the pressures. Fixed a problem for incorrect number of TC's when the custom table was selected. Added Mo surfacing values to the selection for the half-time row above the TC data area. To the right of deco common I added an entry to show the total dive segments on the spreadsheet.

dive_010120_v32_0.xls

Reactions: Jay
One thing I failed to mention in regards to the new version is I moved the code that calculates %MV (the old %AoM) from the ceiling calculation routine and put it in its own subroutine. The calculations for %GF are also in the new routine. This subroutine is called once after all the other data is calculated for all the profiles. There was one complaint that the calculation was slow. If you were frustrated by the slow speed give this version a try. It should be faster.

Well, lightning struck again. I added the capability to create a dive profile of up to 20 depths. To do this set the air surface interval to -1 for each dive profile. This instructs the program to ignore the ascent to surface and the surface interval for the current dive profile and string the next profile's depths and so on. You can create a dive profile of up to 20 segments. This only works for NDL profiles. Once a profile enters deco the deco ascent schedule takes over that will conclude the dive at the surface after the last deco stop is completed.

For those of you who are exploring the use of GF's (current and surface) for NDL dives in place of the standard 3 or 5 minute safety stop this version is for you. This version gives you the ability to add multiple depths in the high off gassing area to analyze the effect of GF's on the dive profile. See the DIVE_HELP sheet for more information. The uploaded spreadsheet has an example of this new capability. Check it out.

dive_011520_v33_0.xls

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom