Fire on safari boat Suzana in Egypt (Red Sea Aggressor)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are companies that specialize in getting you on, or trying to keep you off of, coming up highly on Google (SEO - Search Engine Optimization). Most of them try to get you more exposure but there are some that specialize in damage control. And it should come as no surprise that Aggressor says nothing about it on their web page (that I could find).

I was somewhat surprised to read the recent posts/reviews of problems on the Socorro Aggressor

Incredibly, I was the 1st one on SB to post anything on Socorro aggressor. I scoured the internet for info, not knowing this was a former Hungarian owned red sea boat with the name casseopio or something like that

Let's not make the leap that because something bad happened, there MUST be deficiencies in protocols or whatever that ALLOWED it to happen

After my email exchange w Wayne Brown re: Socorro aggressor and the California fires, every boat should have been inspected, reviewed and repaired where needed.

Hello All, Trish was her name. She was a spectacular mom and human being. She was a true friend that would never quit on you. She was a bright light with an infectious laugh that brightened every room.
We have two daughters, they are crushed. Our family would like to put our arms around everyone that was there, you have been in our thoughts constantly.
The false narrative that was immediately being spun was so painful for my girls. Thank you all for aggressively correcting the record. It has made a difference at a time when any type of closure is elusive.
I asked the AmEmb Cairo and the FBI to provide you our number. Please call when it is the right time for you. Trish loved diving. I know my girls would love to know the details of that last adventure.
Leaning heavily in The Serenity Prayer.. Thank you All...Be Well

Hi, we all wish we could give you and the girls a big hug right now too. During my interview, I had asked them to do the same, so I was happy to hear you wanted to talk. I texted, but from the loaner, once I get a new phone we can coordinate. A fellow Vet from ATL would also like to join us, and the others are available too. I can even fly to you, if you wanted to talk in person. We are here for you, whatever you need. ...Yes, she was loved by all - it was bittersweet to see her Instagram posts from our dives today...

My heartfelt condolences to the horrific loss of your friend!
Power and success to you and your - well, really all our - isn‘t it - cause of improving anything improbable to avoid such tragedy and avoidable loss of life!
Shame on those that deny and possibly attempt to alter truth in damage control efforts and possibly might not really have taken sufficient care to assure their own safety protocols are actually always followed meticulously. Disgraceful shame!

Thanks Schwob! Absolutely, it is 'our' cause and I'm on a mission!!

I am so sorry for you all to have experienced this and most especially for the loss of your friend.

It's good that you and your fellow survivors are speaking out about this. Hopefully, it will be good for you too.

When talking/writing about events, it will probably be best to preface/qualify all of which you are not absolutely sure with exactly that; just as you have done with regard to the hatch being added after news of the Conception fire.

Hi chillyinCanada - thanks!

Having been to the Red Sea and Alor, my guess is the source of news that the locals use would not have covered it much or at all and that it is more likely an expat working there or tourist such as myself heard/read about it on a news provider website/message board, etc. that they normally use regularly at home then shared the info.

It did show up on the tv news, but I don't remember what the station was. Mostly, we spread the word from our laptops and phones.

If you search (I use Google search) 'Red Sea Aggressor fire', and your returns match mine, you will get nothing relevant.
I noticed that earlier. Any google searches about the Aggressor fleet or Red Sea Aggressor only show positive hits, at least of the first 10 hits. They are working to hush it up aren't they?

I noticed that earlier. Any google searches about the Aggressor fleet or Red Sea Aggressor only show positive hits, at least of the first 10 hits. They are working to hush it up aren't they?
And quite effectively, I would say

After 4 boats and 5 weeks, I may be done. I loved my trip to Revillagigedos on Nautilus. I'm on the Ferox to Malpelo next June with Sten Johansson.

That is a huge concern in itself. And it makes me wonder how much of the "ignorance" of the Egyptian dive crews to previous liveaboard fires is legitimate versus feigned. It's a lot easier to dismiss safety concerns and blow off safety protocols if you pretend like you've never heard of suh problems before.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom