Gear purchases you DON’T regret

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don’t regret anything in my current single-tank diving configuration:

Poseidon Cyklon 5000 reg set
Shearwater Teric w/AI pod
Halcyon Infinity BC
Apex RK3 fins
Atomic Aquatics Venom mask
Wetwear custom 7mm wetsuit with ‘ez-on’ zippers
Big Blue AL1200 dive lights
Hows that wetwear suit? Looks easy to don. Wish they put pockets on the legs!

SharksSkin wetsuit - I even used two tops and two bottoms for colder water. Not faster to get on than neoprene (because you have to put top and bottom on), but neutral and light in the suitcase. About $186 per piece at DRIS. Wash them in the clothes washer on delicate setting.

Subgravity Aquaprop scooter.

Aside from a boat (which doesn't really count as scuba gear ...), nothing has changed the way I dive or delivered more enjoyment than this product. It's small and light enough to beach dive through surf and powerful enough to cover 3-4 times as much ground as I could by swimming alone.

Other than that, a Freedom plate of course and an Apeks public safety wing (streamlined and still looks like new after 500 dives).

Apollo Bio-Fins. Most comfortable flippers I have ever owned in over 50 years of diving.

My old Mark Kettenhoffen 1/4" farmer john/hooded jacket custom wetsuits. I went through at least 5 of his suits and would still be using them if Mark hadn't retired. He put me onto JMJ Wetsuits who have now made me several 5mm suits of the same type. Cut is different than Kettenhoffen but still VERY comfortable and easy to don/doff. My 2psi

cc @Sam Miller III

Halycon with cinch system.

Just got but looking good so far
Perdix AI with transmitter
Go sport fins

Perdix AI (have two)
My luggage to transport gear (Rimowa Topas Sport Trunk)
Aqua Lung Hot Shot Fins (amazing for warm water boat diving)
Apeks SS BP/W (18# for single tank and 40# for doubles)
All my regulators:
  • Atomic ST1 Yoke with Ti2 Octo (my spare/loaner kit)
  • Atomic M1 DIN on long hose with M1 on necklace (my technical kit)
  • Apeks XTX200/FSR/DIN&Yoke on long hose with XTX200 on necklace (my recreational kit)
  • Atomic M1 DIN for 50 or 80% EAN
  • Apeks XTX40/DS4 for 100% O2

The used Petrel 1 I got on ebay for $383 shipped. Wanted a Perdix AI with transmitter but couldn't justify it at 2.5x price used, plus I already owned the spg

VDH BP/W

Atomic Cobalt II....easiest dive computer ever
Ocean Reef FFM....makes diving a pleasure...no more fogging
Custom fitted Santi E Motion Plus and custom fitted Santi BZ 200 undergarment....love them
Halcyon Focus 2 dive light....very easy to use and the ability to go from a beam to a flood is great.
Loved my F2...until I had to send it back for repair. Apparently a workmanship issue when assembling the rear seal. For 2k, I would have expected better. Blue Tax...doesn't mean reliable.

XL4 reg set, VX1 mask, RK3 fins and I got an awesome deal on my fusion one dry suit..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom