Evo 4 boot review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a878bob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
With wearing a little more insulation with my FE socks and some toe squeeze plus some difficulty getting my fins off on the dive ladder in rough water, I decided to give something new a try.

So what I’ve worn in the past, for a wet boot, seasoft stealth (perfect), dui rock boots (ok), whites fusion boot (garbage), Evo 3 boot (good).

I remember reading a evo 3 vs evo 4 comparison, which was not very complementry of the Evo 4, so I was a little hesitant, but my shop sells aqualung, and after talking to the rep, I decided to give them a try.

The Evo 3 has great support for walking in heavy gear, which a like, but they are very chunky like work boots, and after a few hundred dives, still pretty stiff. All in all, not a bad boot, but my toes would hurt after a few dives, they are a tad too small, and a tad too big for my fin pockets on my Eddy’s.

So I ordered up a next size up Evo 4 and had them out today. They are more like chuck Taylor’s than red wing boots. The sole is thinner and you can feel some of the rocks, but not bothersome at all. Not as much support, but I didn’t feel I would roll off them at all, even after being wet and walking in my breather.
But I think what I liked the most is I never really noticed them in or out of the water. They are very comfortable, easy to donn and doff, easy in and out of my fins. If they hold up, it will have been a very good purchase.

Thanks for the review, I'm looking into a pair of these to wear with neoprene socks and a wetsuit, and be able to use them when i can afford my own drysuit in the future. How are you liking them a few months in?

I have been diving with these boots since the spring with a drysuit. They are holding up good and work great. They do take a while to dry completely. You made a good buy.

Can you suggest a size for me? I wear a 10.5 shoe. (Size 10 Chuck Taylor). A thick wool socks and thin booty on my drysuit. I had a little wiggle room in a size 10 Chuck with a sock and wool socks on. Would you go a 11 or 12?

Can you suggest a size for me? I wear a 10.5 shoe. (Size 10 Chuck Taylor). A thick wool socks and thin booty on my drysuit. I had a little wiggle room in a size 10 Chuck with a sock and wool socks on. Would you go a 11 or 12?

My shoe size is 10 us and I went 1 up so 11 to fit extra layers. I could have probably only gone .5 up.

My shoe size is 9 and I got the 10, there is plenty of room with drysuit socks and thick undergarment socks on, if they made a 9.5 I think that would be fine. Size up one size max.

I went with a 11 and they fit perfect with my thick socks and booties. There is still a little toe room but will work. Thanks for the advice. Safe diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom