Booties..... what do you recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+1 Seasoft Sunray. Wife likes her Tusa's. Deep 6 might also be an option and they have a 50% off sale on them if bought with their fins.

We were just there last week and my daughter and I ordered a pair of the "thicker" soled cheap promate boots and they worked just fine, even doing some of the more advanced "entry/exit" sites. Its gotten expensive to eat there. We found Julios and Mi Banana a safe haven from the more expensive over priced restaurants on the island. Stay away from the pier restaurant.....service was horrific! Waitor took order and the another delivered the food then I waiter brought us the check.

My daughter purchased high top hard sole Tulsa boots at the Buddy Dive store in town for $35.
Way cheaper than they would be here in NC.

Been using the Seasoft Ti Stealth 6mm booty on over 400 shore dives in Bonaire and Curacao with excellent results. Great support and stability. Just make sure that your fin foot pockets are large enough to accommodate the 6mm thickness of the boot.

Seasoft Stealth 6mm Boot

Buy a pair of neoprene or lycra socks, then buy a pair of Altama "Maritime Assault" lows or mids. They come in real sizes and widths. I've thrown out every pair of booties i own and dive these exclusively. Diving booties are low quality trash in comparison.

Altama Maritime Assault - Low

All those who mentioned test them in your fins are 100% correct. I recently upgraded my fins from plastic to spring straps. Luckily it was when I got my Seasoft boots too. The springs I got worked perfectly with the seasoft boots, but would have been a size too large for my old soft soled fins. Not sure what I'll do my next boat dive. Probably just use the Seasoft since I like the arch support, but otherwise I would need a new set of smaller springs for smaller boots.

Buy a pair of neoprene or lycra socks, then buy a pair of Altama "Maritime Assault" lows or mids. They come in real sizes and widths. I've thrown out every pair of booties i own and dive these exclusively. Diving booties are low quality trash in comparison.

Altama Maritime Assault - Low
do they dry well? It feels funny to wear what looks like straight-up shoes diving! I expect the foot support must be a lot better however!

And do you recommend the low top or mid top style?

Final edit; do they provide any thermal protection at all? Do you wear neoprene socks underneath?

Back
Top Bottom