Trip Video - Banda Sea October/November 2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very nice!

It looks like you have a better luck in seeing the schooling hammerheads with Blue Manta than Samambaia.

You whipped out the video so quickly. I need to get off my butt & finish mine.

Very nice!

It looks like you have a better luck in seeing the schooling hammerheads with Blue Manta than Samambaia.

You whipped out the video so quickly. I need to get off my butt & finish mine.
Samambaia dive guides were too inexperienced. One of the two freelance guides had not seen a hammerhead before that trip!

I have to get my video done quick and delete the raw footage, or I might be on another trip and the unedited videos will exhaust the available memory on my laptop. I usually have the video done before I step off the LOB.

Wow , what amazing footage , you were very lucky with the hammerheads ! I did a land based trip to Ambon in February , would agree that it’s an amazing destination.

Thank you so much for sharing !

Fantastic video!!
Man you had some brilliant hammer encounters!

So how would you compare the two LOB's?

Is the Blue Manta worth the extra $$$s??

No comparison irrespective of the USD per night. To me, Banda Crossing in October means HHs. I would avoid the Samambaia at the moment, at least for Banda crossing, because of the inexperienced CD and DGs.

Note that the price of building a steel boat is perhaps 3x that of a wooden boat, at least according to Vincent who is the owner of BM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom