GOLD Plated JBL Spear Gun-- HELP !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

im a 3rd generation metal finisher plater , so buffing an aluminum tube is not a big deal custom metal finishing was 33 % of my business you would not use Tripoli on alum its used with a sisal on steel stripping may or may not use acid it can be done with caustic also as for removing the fire safe engraving if you are a pro that wont happen , as a restorer you try not to mechanically strip if possible you have more control chemically stripping , you can also reverse etch the part to strip.

sorry don't need to look it up on the internet A because the internet is always right huh? B because I did it as a living most of my life from 12 years old (on weekends and after school ,holidays )

oh sorry I misinterpreted it, didn't mean to be snippy

Gun number 59
El Mar dive center
Mesa Arizona..

What's a Limited edition JBL sawed-off magnum worth? Gun #28
I guess when I said "limited" I thought it being one of the 80 or so gold-plated guns handed out in the 80's by Joe L would be enough. Sorry.

When I searched many ways to find out who would want such a collector gun and what worth it would have I found nothing other than one sold for around $1000.00 on eBay. But the bacon cheese burger if it wasn't Jr. might be a start.

This is gun 028 that was given to me buy the original owner of the Newport Aquatic Center who received it from Joe back in the day.

Probably best to display it for the public to view rather than sell anyway.

What's a Limited edition JBL sawed-off magnum worth? - Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom