Kayak Diving - who's doing it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So you did a 2 tank dive from a Kayak? How was it swapping tanks?

Forgot to add ... my original plan was to secure the second tank into my other BCD and not have to fiddle with changing out tanks. But, my buddy convinced me that it's a good skill to get proficient at. In the end, I'm glad I didn't just as a matter of simplicity in the amount of gear brought with on the yak.

Wow--how cool!

I didn't really take a photo of it all rigged up, but here we are back on the beach. If you could imagine another tank laid in next to the one seen and already strapped into my BPW, then that's how I went out. My buddy's yak is an Ocean Kayak Prowler.

View attachment 549253
Is your buddies a little smaller than yours? His looks a lot like mine

I have a large rear compartment I could easily fit a tank with my bp/w pony and extra gear etc. while I don’t have a front compartment I do have plenty of space to fit gear up there in the foot area since it’s plenty long even with my feet there. I could probably fit my second tank there with any other little odds and ends.

Attachments

• 841C751D-AA40-4733-8162-00D661428A4F.jpeg
    841C751D-AA40-4733-8162-00D661428A4F.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 9EAF8D03-09A1-49BC-9365-15CF288870BC.jpeg
    9EAF8D03-09A1-49BC-9365-15CF288870BC.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 81
Ive not dove out of kayaks but have used a canoe as a dive boat multiple times. Things fit easily but traveling with the weight of 2 adults and gear is slow going. We overloaded on one of my first attempts and we had to keep a hard lean to avoid waves swamping us :(.
Looks like you’ve got a good thing going!

Back
Top Bottom