SideMount Setup Fine Tuning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

These 80’s have handles on them, I use them for breather b.o. but I sm them just the same. Handles at 10 and 2, bottom clips facing your calf. My dedicated sm cylinders don’t have the handles, but these do as I may have to hand them off.

The bungie comes around the outside of the valve and hooks on the manifold end. That way the bungie tension rolls the cylinder outward, and into your side to lock them down. And the handles end up pointing out or slightly up.

So start with your cylinders like this with the regs on, and we’ll go from there.

Done! 20191109_160846.jpg

Ok, nice. Bottom clips pointing at your legs, about 12 inches from the floor? Put your regs on and let’s see how that looks.

Done: the bolt snaps on the bottom are more like 9" off the floor...they were 12" or so, but I was told to lower them.and they are maybe needing to move a lil more..

20191109_212307.jpg

I need to move around the transmitters and the I flaters to the 5th ports now...

20191109_212525.jpg

I need to make things a little more symmetrical...

The bolt snaps need to be at 3 o’clock and 9 o’clock, if you stand in between the cylinders, they should touch your legs, with the handles still at 2 and 10. So from your picture they both need to be moved forward.

The bottom clips can’t be at 9” inches off the the floor unless your 6’6”. The top of the cylinder valve needs to be below your armpit, so they can be pulled back far enough.

don’t worry, we’re getting there.

Ok, I will adjust :) Thank you!

Any pics on how the bungees loop on, please? :)

Reach back and use your thumb inside the bungee loop. Pull the loop up and around to the outside of the valve. Switch the loop to your opposite hand and place on the manifold. If you can use one hand it’s not tight enough. The key is getting the bungie tight enough to pull the cylinder up high enough. It takes time to get it dialed in. Most people start with it way to loose. Shorten it up a bit after every dive until you can get the cylinder in line. You will need someone to take video underwater or a good sm’er to get you tuned up. But it does take time.

I see...that is sorta what I thought...now, this is with a bungee that goes from your back to the front, upper d-ring, correct?

Thank you for the pic!!!! I'm adjusting the valves/hoses now :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom