SIM card recomendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Candiru

Contributor
Reaction score
I need to get a local SIM card delivered to a US location. There doesn’t seem to be any available via amazon. Does anybody have a recommendation to get this set up prior to departure?

Why not buy it when you arrive. the shops have them where you see the claro or tigo sign or just hang out in West end and listen for the guy walking down yhe street yelling TIGO! CLARO!

That’s my backup plan. Ideally I’d like to have it in hand before I leave.

About 50L for SIM card. 200L for a week with 2Gb of data or 575L for a month with 5.5Gb of data

If you want one ahead of time, I recommend Mr Simcard at mrsimcard.com We've purchased frequently when traveling.

Google voice works pretty well and is free. I used it a lot before android and apple phones started supporting voice over wifi natively. Last time I was in Roatan, we just brought our regular Verizon phones and used them as normal. Internet speeds down there were nothing to be proud of, but it worked fine for calls, texts and the occasional picture message.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom