Fusion socks leaking - multiple reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got my replacement AirCore today. Has a brass zipper. I had been told by someone that AL was now using plastic zippers on new AirCores. Guess I got some of the old stock.

Stopped by DRIS for a few things on my way out of town to quarry dive in OH with a few buddies. Drysuit gal came out with my replacement AirCore and switched everything over while I waited. Will dive it tomorrow.

They just send the AirCore. Everything else - valves, neck and wrist seals - gets switched over from your old one.
Yeah, mine had the brass zippers too. I know I told you to expect plastic. So perhaps the plastic was just on the Mexico production. I'll probably get more details on that next week at DEMA to understand why brass is still being shipped on new production when they had previously switched to plastic. I am confident that they don't have any "old" production Aircore shells shipping. (could also be that Canada was still sitting on a pallet of brass zippers to work down before switching to plastic.)

Got my replacement AirCore today. Has a brass zipper. I had been told by someone that AL was now using plastic zippers on new AirCores. Guess I got some of the old stock.

Stopped by DRIS for a few things on my way out of town to quarry dive in OH with a few buddies. Drysuit gal came out with my replacement AirCore and switched everything over while I waited. Will dive it tomorrow.

They just send the AirCore. Everything else - valves, neck and wrist seals - gets switched over from your old one.

No word back on mine yet other than I am in the queue.

I hope mine comes vack with a brass zipper as my reading tells me that the plastic ones are good in the beginning but wear out after a couple hundred dives...whereas a well taken care of brass zipper just keeps on chugging.

Dont care about them reusing everythinf else as everthying else on my suit was in top shape.

Did your new core come with a neck-tite ring or a quick neck ring....it would be a bonus if it came with a quick neck ring.

-Z

Yeah, mine had the brass zippers too. I know I told you to expect plastic. So perhaps the plastic was just on the Mexico production. I'll probably get more details on that next week at DEMA to understand why brass is still being shipped on new production when they had previously switched to plastic. I am confident that they don't have any "old" production Aircore shells shipping. (could also be that Canada was still sitting on a pallet of brass zippers to work down before switching to plastic.)

I would really like mine to come with a brass zipper...anything I can do to nudge Aqualung to do that?

-Z

I would really like mine to come with a brass zipper...anything I can do to nudge Aqualung to do that?

-Z
Well, you can ask your local contacts to pass along the request. I don't know if it will matter, but it certainly won't hurt.

No word on mine yet. Could be any day, week, month ...

I agree, plastic zip would be a downgrade IMO. Seriously hoping for (expecting) brass.

I get that vaves are a switchover, but frankly, neck and wrist seals should be included as minimal compensation.

No word on mine yet. Could be any day, week, month ...

I agree, plastic zip would be a downgrade IMO. Seriously hoping for (expecting) brass.

I get that vaves are a switchover, but frankly, neck and wrist seals should be included as minimal compensation.
The wrist cuffs are of course attached, but the wrist rings need to be transferred over along with the seals. Basically, exactly what would happen if the suit was returned and they swapped out the liner, except in this case the liner was shipped to the dealer(s) to do the work - saves on shipping costs for someone, and spreads the labor around so they can concentrate on churning out more product. Mine did come with the neck seal, probably because it was included with the neck ring installation on the liner. On the wrists I think the cuffs and the rings are separate stock items, thus the cuffs only are bonded to the suit and the separate rings are transferred over.

Mine had the same neck seal system. I know my seals fit. Glad to have the same ones.

Back
Top Bottom