G250V & G260 differences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Couv

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
In another thread: Scubapro service kits and spares @buddhasummer mentions a bad batch of poppets going into the G260s. IIRC the G250/G250V/BA etc all use the same poppet. I don't have G260 to dissect so I'll ask here. What were the issues with the poppets? Do I need to examine my stock for discrepancies?

According to the parts diagrams I have, the G250V & G260 use the same poppet assemblies and balance chamber-the spring part number is different. Is it just an upgrade and backwardly compatible? What are the other physical differences, i.e. are the diaphragms interchangeable? Exhaust valve, etc. same questions.

Inquiring minds want to know.

TIA

Couv

There is no issue with the poppets, I was having a joke with Lex.

On schematics I have the spring is the same number 10.020.216. The whole poppet assembly side is the same, from seat to balance chamber. Orifice is the same too although now SP have added a "P" to the end of the part number, I enquired as to why but got no straight answer.

The main and exhaust diaphragms of the G260 are not compatible with the G250V.

Cheers

think the "P" is the non-metallic designation?

think the "P" is the non-metallic designation?

Not sure I understand, they are metal. I've ordered about 30 of them over the past few months. That of course doesn't necessarily mean you're wrong though. On the schematics in both models it shows 11.109.109 could be a misunderstanding between my dealer and SP as my bill said 11.109.109P. I asked why but didn't get a concrete answer. Regardless, metal orifices I received. Another mystery for the ages

The G260 is a bit smaller the the 250 series and has the s600 type of internals as far as adjustments go, I don’t know for sure about the 250v and micro adjustments. The question was centered around the poppet being included in the service kit and why since it’s not normally a service part.

The G260 adjuster/micro adjuster assembly is much simpler than the S600. The G250V has no micro adjustment only the adjustment knob same as a standard G250 as I'm sure you know.

@lexvil mail sent the knob kit.

Not sure I understand, they are metal

Isn't there a "nylon" one? I don't have a g260, but I thought one of their "improvements" was the non-metallic orifice, claiming better cold water safety....

Then again, I may be out in left field...

Isn't there a "nylon" one? I don't have a g260, but I thought one of their "improvements" was the non-metallic orifice, claiming better cold water safety....

Then again, I may be out in left field...

I've never seen one and the schematic I have has same part number as the G250V. I've seen at least 8 G260 and all have had the metal orifice. I have however in the past bought late model BAs that had the nylon orifice.

Just for future reference, is the poppet assembly the same in the G260 as the G250? And would the G250 poppet work in the S600?

OK, went thru a bunch of exploded drawings and answered my own question. Yes, they are all the same Three (at least) upgrades to the G250 poppet with the last one being the same as the G260 and the S600.
Just for future reference, is the poppet assembly the same in the G260 as the G250? And would the G250 poppet work in the S600?

Back
Top Bottom