Lake Golf in Bled, Slovenia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasully

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I'm traveling to Bled, Slovenia for all of June, and there's a big lake that I thought might be fun to dive. Has anyone here ever been diving in Lake Golf? Looks pretty cool from pic I've seen online. There are two dive shops with websites - wondering if anyone has any experience with either.

One makes the diving sound awful - :: 3glav Adventures :: ~ AMAZING SCUBA DIVING ~ Bled, Slovenia :)

But the other makes it sound better - Diving in Slovenia - Bled - Dive center

Both sites are written in very broken English which makes each pretty charming, imho. I wonder how the first one stays in business... :)

Bled…
Didn't know people dive there, that place is famous in Italy it's very well worth a visit even without diving
@matjaz
May I ask which is the best time in the year to dive in lake Bled, especially for the visibility? I would say full winter with a drysuit when the algae are dead, like in the lakes of northern Italy...Anyway if you have any suggestions on the time of the year and the specific divespot, I am listening
Thanks

When you are there for a while, I´d recommend to inform yourself about diving the rivers. There are some shops that offer guided diving tours in the rivers of Slovenia.

Diving in the rivers is dangerous, at least in Italy/Ticino like in the Val Verzasca ("Italian" Switzerland)
Would consider that but I am not sure it's a good idea. In Italy / Val Verzasca it's good to dive only with people who really know the place and have a long experience on site
Do you recommend any trusted diving for the rivers in Slovenia?

Bled…
Didn't know people dive there, that place is famous in Italy it's very well worth a visit even without diving
@matjaz
May I ask which is the best time in the year to dive in lake Bled, especially for the visibility? I would say full winter with a drysuit when the algae are dead, like in the lakes of northern Italy...Anyway if you have any suggestions on the time of the year and the specific divespot, I am listening
Thanks

So summer is best time. We have many tourist who come and dive w us :wink: August is worst viz but most fish, september in my opinion is best choise, also accomodation price decress and especialy trafic :wink:

U will need also permit don't forget both lakes are in park.

When you are there for a while, I´d recommend to inform yourself about diving the rivers. There are some shops that offer guided diving tours in the rivers of Slovenia.
u are right....i offer guided tours on both lakes Bled & Bohinj....he he

The Julian Alps! My fav European city is Ljubiana...great town. Never dove there, but I rode my motorcycle on most all of those NW roads/passes...lovely country it is!

is there diving in lake Jasna? ( my wife’s name)

If you spend a whole month I would also recommend to go to Piran.
a) it is a beautiful city on the coast
b) you can dive there as well for some dives in the mediterranean.

And of course, since it is a beautiful country there a lots of other things to do and enjoy, especially if you are into outdoor activities.

The Julian Alps! My fav European city is Ljubiana...great town. Never dove there, but I rode my motorcycle on most all of those NW roads/passes...lovely country it is!

is there diving in lake Jasna? ( my wife’s name)
Lake Jasna is protected, so no diving ;=)

Back
Top Bottom