Trip Report Trip report- Cenote Xperience-Playa Del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jayfarmlaw

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
to save time, here is my trip advisor review-

It just keeps getting better!
Review of Cenote Xperience
Reviewed yesterday
My wife likes reefs and pretty fish so we go to Cozumel a few times a year. We usually take a day off during the week and I snuck over to Playa for a day of Cenote diving. This was literally last minute planning because my wife really did not want to spend the day alone in Cozumel. She made arrangements to spend the day with friends and I emailed CX and asked if Martin might have a group I could tag along with. Martin sent his group with another guide so he could meet me at the ferry pier and take me Cenote diving. I had all my gear so we skipped the shop and went straight to Kulkulcahn and Choc Mool. I had dove several others and Martin had already checked my past dives with them so we wouldn't be repeating anything.

We stopped to pick up sandwhiches and we were off. The trip was short and Martin is great to travel with. His enthusiasm for the cenotes is contagious and I could not wait to dive. Kulkulcahn is a typical Cenote and is a great starting point. In the same park is Choc Mool. Towards the end of the line, at about 40 feet, you can turn around and look up through the cenotes and clearly see the entrance point. Your entire field of view is filled with one of the most beautiful sights I've ever seen. The Rays of sunlight filtering through the water, an emerald green color, and the cave structures combine to be absolutely breathtaking. Then We went to a huge airpocket within the cenote for a few minutes before wrapping our dive up. We surfaced and Martin could have said "I told you so" but he didn't. He had told me that he chose Choc Mool for that reason because during the hours we were there and the time of year, he knew what we would be seeing. I was babbling like a 5 year old on Christmas morning about how beautiful it was.

That's service. In an industry where many companies offer a cruise ship level of diving service, Cenote Xperience stands out. This was my third trip with Cenote Xperience, and Martin. Everything always runs as planned, fills are always to max pressure, lunch is good and Martin's wife makes cookies that are worth the price of the dives alone, the cenotes speak for themselves, but the right dive operator makes them even better. Cenote Xperience is that operator..

My only regret is when we loaded the truck, if we hurried I could catch the next ferry back to Cozumel without a wait at the ferry pier. Martin got me there and I caught the ferry with about 5 minutes to spare so we did not get to visit nearly as long as I wanted. Great company and great people. I'll see them again in the spring.

If you're reading this, you've found one of the best dive operators I have ever dove with...and that's a lot. I keep going back for a reason!

Jay

Back
Top Bottom