Worried about computer slipping off hand - small hands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another thing to consider is attaching a section of neoprene (either sewn or glued at each end with a slot in the middle) to the suit where you want the computer to be and looping the strap through that. It is a feature on a number of wetsuits (you can see it on the photo of this suit at the wrist)

Another thing to consider is attaching a section of neoprene (either sewn or glued at each end with a slot in the middle) to the suit where you want the computer to be and looping the strap through that. It is a feature on a number of wetsuits (you can see it on the photo of this suit at the wrist)
This give me another idea. Could always sew a couple of short sections of neoprene sort of around the wrist but have it open so you can thread the band through the middle of them. See crude illustration for visual reference where the blue would be the strap "sleeves" and the yellow would be the stitching.

wrist computer keeper idea.jpg

This give me another idea. Could always sew a couple of short sections of neoprene sort of around the wrist but have it open so you can thread the band through the middle of them. See crude illustration for visual reference where the blue would be the strap "sleeves" and the yellow would be the stitching.

View attachment 549780
I would think the neoprene should run lengthways on the sleeve as you want the "holding strap" (for want of a better description) to run at 90 deg to the computer strap. My guesstimate would be that you only need about 2.5-3 inches with about an inch secured at each end.

Having it go round the wrist potentially makes it harder to feed the strap round.

first and foremost i would actually try diving with it...youre worried it might slip off, but it doesnt sound like youve actually tried it in the water to see if thats likely, you could be trying to find a solution to a problem that doesnt exist.

if it does turn out to be an issue, i would try rigging it up with bungie cords..the cords were used specifically to deal with the compression of wetsuits at depth......plus youll likely have 2 or more loops of bungie, so the chances of them all falling off without you noticing is pretty slim (especially if you are checking it often)

if those are both still giving you issues you can always try diving with gloves, thatll increase some thickness around your hands and give you a nice lip where it overlaps your wetsuit.

i really dont see the need to complicate the issue any more than it needs to be.

I would just use the bungee cords included. I don't know what thickness wetsuit she dives with, but it will compress and that nato strap, assuming it has no stretch, may become excessively loose at depth. bungee is "naturally" depth compensating

Would it be possible to stitch velcro holders onto the neoprene which would go around the wristband or cut two slots into the neoprene and put the wristband throught it?

Just some ideas, I don't have a wetsuit so i'm not super certain if the neoprene would rip apart in time

Low tech, office supply solutions:

Attach a paper clip to the band, or through the clasp mechanism, and then poke the other end of the clip thru your wetsuit (or use 2 paper clips) --- or wear gloves and insert the other end of the paper clip underneath your gloves.

Or use a binder clip attached to the end of your sleeve either by itself to stop slippage or to dock the paper clip.

Or use a zip tie & a small bolt snap to attach the computer to your wetsuit somehow (you may need to either add a loop, puncture a hole and put another zip tie through it, or use the binder clip method).

I dive a pair of pucks. On the boat they are nice and snug on my lower arm. At 80ft due to wet suit compression they are loose and move around on my wrist and can get quite loose. My solution is to wear gloves always. I have this issue with my 3, 5, and 7mm wet suits. May be a a bigger problem on the thicker wet suits.

I had the same problem and solved it with a rubber computer holder which also contains the pressure gauge. So now my computer (a Cressi Leonardo) is where it should be, together with pressure gauge, so i control both instruments at the same time, and there is no risk of loosing it...
The rubber holder is vintage piece of equipment from Scubapro. I can post a photo if needed...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom