Worried about computer slipping off hand - small hands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I lost my d4i during a dive about a month ago.

Another diver told me that they put a bungee as a security in addition to attaching normally: you just pass a bungee loop through any hole you can find and pass this loop around your wrist

I dive a pair of pucks. On the boat they are nice and snug on my lower arm. At 80ft due to wet suit compression they are loose and move around on my wrist and can get quite loose. My solution is to wear gloves always. I have this issue with my 3, 5, and 7mm wet suits. May be a a bigger problem on the thicker wet suits.
Except in some places, like in the marine park in Cozumel for example, you're not permitted to wear gloves.

Except in some places, like in the marine park in Cozumel for example, you're not permitted to wear gloves.

True, but I usually am not diving in those sort of places.

I had same issues before, and my solution is low tech and cheap :D
760d0d47cf1421b6d2aa1ea2c5480df0.jpg

If the computer on its own strap will slide off, I am not sure how having a leash will help as by its nature it is subject to the same problems.

Personally I would prefer to have a method to anchor it to the suit such as looping a bungie through a thumb hole or having a retention loop fixed to the suit as per the discussion in posts 11-13.

Use the auto-depth-adjusting bungees that came with the computer. Straps suck........they're strictly for geeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom