Deep 6 Eddy fins in the house.... (and a bunch of other Deep 6 stuff)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wasn't keen on the orange either but went ahead and got them since there was no timeframe on the black. When I was diving some lower vis water after the dive a DM said she really liked my fins because they were very easy to spot. Something I had not considered but I actually like now considering I dive with my young daughter. It is just one more thing that makes it easy for her to pick me out.

I wasn't keen on the orange either but went ahead and got them since there was no timeframe on the black. When I was diving some lower vis water after the dive a DM said she really liked my fins because they were very easy to spot. Something I had not considered but I actually like now considering I dive with my young daughter. It is just one more thing that makes it easy for her to pick me out.

Yeah, I've thought about that and I'm sure my wife would love me to wear them but I'm just not sold. Besides, some of the shark dives I've been on require that you have dark gear (including fins) and I love diving with sharks! I do have a pair of Sherwood Tritons I could wear for those occasions but for any other diving, the orange fins just make me feel like a giant fishing lure, somehow!

Are we really having the yum yum yellow convo?

But with short supply, a small company can't buy containers at a time. There has to be a run scheduled and paid for ahead of time, then +6wks to ship here. Any small company won't be betting big on inventory. One mistep on over supply here and you're OOB by the New Year.

Are we really having the yum yum yellow convo?

But with short supply, a small company can't buy containers at a time. There has to be a run scheduled and paid for ahead of time, then +6wks to ship here. Any small company won't be betting big on inventory. One mistep on over supply here and you're OOB by the New Year.

:rofl3:

So, how long have the Deep6 Eddy fins been around? If they are a recent addition to their inventory then I guess I could understand them being in short supply as they may not have accounted for their popularity. But if they have been making them for a while, I just don't understand how or why a company can be out of stock on a certain product for so long, especially when they seem to be a hot seller! My mind always starts going to bad places like, are they discontinuing them and just aren't telling us? Is the company going out of business? What the heck? Come on, guys! I need my fin fix!! :shocked:

In case you were still wondering:
DEEP SIX

Guys at Deep 6 are great guys, very excellent customer support!

In case you were still wondering:
DEEP SIX

Thanks for that post! Very interesting, indeed! I would say their days of being out of stock are coming to an end.
First production should be around May... Probably won't be in the water before that anyway, so I can wait!

I'm in-between sizes... I wear 8.5 shoe (9 Deep6 bootie...should probably have gotten the 8).

Hmm, also being an 8.5 foot I'm a tad undecided on the size of booties to order... I'm spending March in Florida so while there I'll order a set of Eddies and 3mil booties (all my diving is warm water Caribbean). Not sure if I should go for a size 8 boot or a 9 and wear the neoprene sock I currently use in my size 9 full foot fins. I also have short feet, but the arch is high so I can sometimes get away with a size 9 (with lots of toe space).

How loose is the 9 on you?

Decisions decisions!

I’m 8.5 and went with the large. No complaints. I use a 3mm bootie.

[QUOTE="With the heel piece removed from the springs (who needs that thing?!?!), and the springs on the first position - they're too tight and hurt the top of my feet. With the spring in the second position, they're a wee bit loose, but no pain.
- Ken[/QUOTE]

I had the same issue, I found if I went 1st position on one side and 2nd on the other it was perfect. There are really 3 adjustments you can make with them.

Back
Top Bottom