what size inner tube to buy to make 2" EPDM bands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check at a local bike shop... They'll probably give you a flat/leaky tube that would be thrown away.
This is exactly what I did. I went to a local bike shop and went back to their repair center and asked if they had any tires they are trashing. They looked in all of the trash cans they had been filling up that day and gave me about 6 different ones. I just took them all and at home there were 2 of them that were the perfect size. The other 4 were too thin so I trashed them. I wasn't going to tell them I would only take a specific kind since they were doing me a favor.

And having 2 tires will last me my lifetime. I've probably used like 5% of one lol.

only question is what size innertube will give the right size band to work with 2" webbing?

1.75/2.25...or, just 1.75. I have both.

Bought a 26X1.75-2.35 at WalMart for less than $5. Works fine

Those are what I get. However, I have a fleet of bicycles, though most are skinny tire machines, but the flatted tubes usually find their way into other useful purpose. The MTB tubes are great for harness rigging. The Walmart tubes are a little thicker and thus stiffer than what you will get at a bike shop for more performance oriented purpose.

N

Those are what I get. However, I have a fleet of bicycles, though most are skinny tire machines, but the flatted tubes usually find their way into other useful purpose. The MTB tubes are great for harness rigging. The Walmart tubes are a little thicker and thus stiffer than what you will get at a bike shop for more performance oriented purpose.

N
Yeah, road bikes manufacturers try to squeeze every ounce they can out of their parts. MTB’s have to take a beating with rocks, punctures, etc. beefier tubes.

2.2 tubes are perfect. I just cut up one and made several dozen loops. Heavy duty mountain bike tube.

1.75/2.25...or, just 1.75. I have both.

Is there a difference?

Mine are all 2.25s and are loose on the webbing. But they're old and stretched. But OTOH I have a suspicion they're like inner tubes for wings: one size fits most and it's the outer shell that determines the actual volume.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom