Teric not Accepted as Primary Dive Computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To echo what others are saying, I must've missed the pages in the manual that recommend you to change the GF underwater so you can trash your entire dive planning?

Just speculatin, this might have the interest of shortening your Deco by increasing the GF high. This might be useful in case of being short on Deco gas for the initial plan, for instance when sharing gas with another diver in an emergency? Modifying the GF high on the go would let you recalculate what's the fastest safe time you could end the dive without incurring unreasonable risks? Just wondering.

So we are perfectly clear where did anyone say that Shearwater, myself, or anyone else recommended doing this? I said that the shearwater Perdix manual said it was possible and I clearly stated I was rendering no opinion as to whether it was necessary.

Yeah, I don't get the wanting to adjust your GF hi on a dive. Isn't the rule plan you dive and dive your plan? Why would I want to suddenly drift from that on an OW deco dive?
Very interested to hear the reasoning for this. Maybe I've just been taught from a different school of thought so this was never an option or recommendation.

JC seems to have his own school of thought on a few things, and if someone wants to understand his reasoning on any of it they should take his class.

Based on what I know of his class from people who took it as well as what I’ve seen here, i will respectfully decline

A reminder for the readers, what has been posted here lately by people who took a class from Chatterton seemed pretty unanimous that they all liked it and felt that they got a lot from it.

I'm curious as to the list of items JC wants to be displayed at any time. As I dive with two Perdixes (one AI, one not), I do display different items on each. I don't own the Teric, but I'm looking forward to diving with a friend who does to see whether I want to replace my regular Perdix with a Teric or an AI version.

I dive with an Eon and Perdix. Even at 45/95 perdix is more conservative and displays nothing different to Eon

I can also cross plan etc dives between different algorithms- it’s no difficult

I have friends who make seriously big tx dives on Eon

So not sure why the has to be shearwater. As long as it’s multi gas can can do deco calcs it should be okay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom