Airlines in Indo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In Indo anything leaving within 30min of the scheduled time is on time. The worst delay I have had was 6 hours. Missed the connecting flight and had to overnight in Makassar but made the international flight the next day because I had scheduled a full day cushion. Needed the entire day. Typical delay late in the day is measured in hours not minutes. Seems to be getting better, but I am also getting wiser re what flights and what carrier to book.

Sounds encouraging. Right now I dont have an extra day padded on, but I am still looking at my options.

At this time, my departing flight from Jakarta is at 2125. The two best options appear to be a Batik flight that would arrive in CGK at 1715 or a Garuda at 1840.

I was hoping the nearly 4 hours would be a large enough buffer.

Sounds encouraging. Right now I dont have an extra day padded on, but I am still looking at my options.

At this time, my departing flight from Jakarta is at 2125. The two best options appear to be a Batik flight that would arrive in CGK at 1715 or a Garuda at 1840.

I was hoping the nearly 4 hours would be a large enough buffer.

In part it is going to depend on where you are coming from and how many connections you are making to arrive in CKG. A short direct flight I might consider that enough time. Not a chance I would book either that late in the day coming in from a remote location like Sorong. Most of the time it would work, but the chances that it would not are significant. Others with more in depth knowledge of what your international carrier would do if you arrived late because the local carrier can chime in. I don't think they are obligated to honour the ticket but I don't know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom