Understanding SAC & RMV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also not trying to sound snarky... if he's at 80 feet and he has significant nitrogen loading from two previous dives that day, and he's advised to make a five minute safety stop because of that depth and that many dives... gas planning probably won't be much of an issue because that third dive will be limited by his NDL and not by his gas supply. In other words, he'll have plenty of gas for whatever happens.

If I was in the scenario you described, I know I'd still have more than half a tank when it was time to end the dive.
I didnt catch that.

This is why I like these discussions. Good observations and thought gaming comes up and allows for critical learning :)

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

At this point, a diverging discussion on data vs intuition and the advent of science, was spun off to this thread in the Pub: Data vs. Intuition in making dive decisions

I tried to click on the link above- Data vs. Intuition in making dive decisions

I got an error saying that I didn't have permission to view that page. I then tried to go up one level to "the pub" & also was denied access. Why might that be?

The Pub is a minimally moderated forum in which topics are debated with less delicacy than is acceptable elsewhere on ScubaBoard. It is an Opt IN forum. Click the Report button on this response or on your own post above, and a Moderator will respond to a request to join The Pub, if that's what you're asking. Caveat emptor! :)

The Pub is a minimally moderated forum in which topics are debated with less delicacy than is acceptable elsewhere on ScubaBoard. It is an Opt IN forum. Click the Report button on this response or on your own post above, and a Moderator will respond to a request to join The Pub, if that's what you're asking. Caveat emptor! :)
Ok hope I did it correct

Thank You

It's quite possible to get into The Pun by yourself.

Profile page -> Join User Groups -> Regulars of The Pub -> Join

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom