New member with some minor concerns?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I of course have no idea what to say about the ear pain, and see a Dr., etc. When you said you think you may have blown too hard when mask clearing--I haven't heard anyone say that before, so who knows.
Fitness--My old tune that everyone involved with water too deep to stand in should know at least one proper swim stroke--as a "life skill".
But it's only a distant cousin to diving.
Once you get a proper stroke down, you can improve your swim speed by doing millions of pool laps. What this probably does regarding scuba is simply puts you into better shape for endurance. But, though swimming is often touted as the best possible exercise using most muscles and no pressure on joints, you can get into good shape doing a whole bunch of other stuff.
Remember that on scuba you needn't cover like 3 miles on a dive. Don't go too fast if your fitness doesn't warrant it.
That may mean "group led" boat dives may not be advised.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom