Scubapro G250V

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Open Ocean Diver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Got a question... I just picked up a lightly used G250V breaths great. I’m replacing the original Scubapro hose with a hex nut type, after removing the original hose I noticed the jam nut has a O’ring in it. Not sure if I attach the new hex nut hose leaving the jam nut O’ring or remove the O’ring or do I replace the OEM jam nut with a hex type nut?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kevin

I am not 100% sure I understand where the said o-ring is, but are you sure that your new hose (the one with the hex nut) doesn't have an o-ring in it too?
I think that all 2nd stage hoses have an o-ring. It is difficult to see because it is well hidden deep inside the fitting but it is there. It can somewhat be seen in the picture below, if you look careful enough:
upload_2019-11-16_16-47-8.png

So I'd suggest you have a second look at your hose.
If you are not talking about this o-ring maybe you can post a picture of the hose to clarify.
All the best

I am not 100% sure I understand where the said o-ring is, but are you sure that your new hose (the one with the hex nut) doesn't have an o-ring in it too?
I think that all 2nd stage hoses have an o-ring. It is difficult to see because it is well hidden deep inside the fitting but it is there. It can somewhat be seen in the picture below, if you look careful enough:
View attachment 550304
So I'd suggest you have a second look at your hose.
If you are not talking about this o-ring maybe you can post a picture of the hose to clarify.
All the best
Sorry, yes the hose has one, here’s a pic of the one I’m talking about.
upload_2019-11-16_10-7-44.jpeg

Couple points:

That spline nut is a heat sink to better allow for cold water use. I wouldn't swap it out.

The o-ring is just a keeper as you don't over-tighten that nut or you might crack the case...

Couple points:

That spline nut is a heat sink to better allow for cold water use. I wouldn't swap it out.

The o-ring is just a keeper as you don't over-tighten that nut or you might crack the case...
Thanks, I’ve left the O’ring on, hex nut hose doesn’t seem to mind.

Yeap. Hoses are (supposed to be) compatible with each other. That o-ring stays there.

I believe it is an 01.050.347 o-ring, if using non Scubapro hoses there are times when it will extrude out and not set inside the nut as it should. If you must switch to the non OEM hose there is no harm in not using that o-ring.

Thanks good to know... thanks for all the replies.

If the o-ring that is on the nipple if the hose is worn, then there might be an issue of extrusion, but outside of that, there should never be any pressure in the one on the outside against the spline nut. BTW - service of a regulator should include changing that o-ring on the hose/second stage interface (internal). It is a difficult one to get t, and often ignored....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom