MORE UGLY COMING

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was just looking at Cozumel webcams; it looked and sounded pretty windy.

I was just looking at Cozumel webcams; it looked and sounded pretty windy.

But that is absolutely no indication of how it will be at 8am tomorrow - norte's leave as fast as they come in. I'd still give it a 50/50 chance for tomorrow based on this

upload_2019-11-16_19-11-33.png

But that is absolutely no indication of how it will be at 8am tomorrow - norte's leave as fast as they come in. I'd still give it a 50/50 chance for tomorrow based on this

View attachment 550362

Are those are meaning wind out of the North, North West??

Yes Chuck, Direction is mostly more a factor than wind strength and North North west is ugly

Dave Dillehay

I am in the states at the moment, but is port closed today ? Was just curious.

Many years ago when I primarily dove weekends, Sunday was way more likely to be closed than any other day. It seemed like it was because of the fact that Sunday morning always seems to follow Saturday night (as opposed to any wind/wave conditions).

Yes Chuck, Direction is mostly more a factor than wind strength and North North west is ugly

Dave Dillehay

Interesting. I would have thought North/Northeast would be the worst. Wouldn't that be directly against the current flow?

I am in the states at the moment, but is port closed today ? Was just curious.

Many years ago when I primarily dove weekends, Sunday was way more likely to be closed than any other day. It seemed like it was because of the fact that Sunday morning always seems to follow Saturday night (as opposed to any wind/wave conditions).

According to Chrisi's website, it is closed today. I don't know how actively she keeps up with it, though.

Interesting. I would have thought North/Northeast would be the worst. Wouldn't that be directly against the current flow?
The current is not a factor; it's when the wind is blowing toward the NW coast of the island. That makes the seas rough on the Cozumel side of the channel where the dive sites and unsheltered boat docks are.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom