G250V & G260 differences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Edit:...oops too slow. @Perryed beat me to it.

I finally found the "out of stock" one on VDH after learning to search for the "upgrade kit." Then I searched on eBay for the upgrade kit and found the right one for $16 but it didn't show up with my other search terms (service kit etc). This one is called a "repair kit" so maybe it doesn't come with everything but I think I already have the other, correct parts. So far I have not come across any poppets that look like the one I have with the smaller LP seat. My G200B also came with the original, blue poppet and a black balanced chamber thing. So far I don't know what the little, black plastic plug is for but I've seen them in kits for sale.

Thanks everyone!

View attachment 550348 View attachment 550349
OK I think I see the issue; but first the "black plastic plug" is an alignment pin found in some SP models. It secures the position of the second stage cover in the case. Look through a diagrams of a few models and you'll see what it's for.

Next, and I'm assuming the pictures are of the poppet that came out of your G200B (blue) and the one that came in the kit (white s-wing.) The s-wing poppet looks correct, but the seat looks homemade. See the attached file for more info on poppet changes.

Basically, you only need a service kit with a seat and a few o-rings. If VDH doesn't have them, contact @buddhasummer

Attachments

• Scubapro poppet changes.pdf
    813.3 KB · Views: 99
I recently acquired a MK15 with a G200B. It came with a kit but the poppet's rubber seat is too small in diameter to seal with the orifice. I've been looking for a kit or poppet for the G200B or the G250 and have not found any. Anyone know where to get one? You guys are talking like the problem is which one to get, but I'm not finding any. I also got the old poppet but the seat is too worn to use.

Thanks.
Yet another option, when all you need is a rivet style seat for the s-wing poppet - Trident A148. Can be bought on ebay, direct from same seller (Coral Sea Scuba), and other sources. Pick up a supply of Trident seats plus orings needed for your regulators and never buy a rebuild kit again.

When you need complete kits, parts, etc purchasing from VDH or buddhasummer are great options to have available

Great! So far I have found two "rivet" seats on ebay, one black, and one orange (A148). I was at first thinking I would need to know the diameter of the seat thinking there are at least two different sizes but now it looks like someone "trimmed" it like Perryed said. Why, I cannot imagine. It is very close to exactly the size of the orifice opening and could easily fit inside the valve instead of resting against it. I got the regulator for practically nothing which I might now attribute to someone's frustration. Other than the messed up rivet seat I can find nothing else wrong with the regulator. The first stage seems to function perfectly and I re-adjusted the IP and it appears that it has already been upgraded. It came with the first stage service kit too but so far there doesn't seem to be anything unusual with the kit :) I have three air pressure gauges and they all read differently so next I need to determine which, if any, is correct--but that might be a different thread.

I only looked for the black plastic plug at the G200B diagram and it doesn't appear to use it but I'm very happy to know what it's for. I enjoy an occasional mystery but not when it comes to my scuba gear :wink:

Back
Top Bottom