Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Orust system with Silflex seal for the Neck seal
Dry Suit Option - Warm Neck Standard

I think this combination is not possible. If you want want a warm neck option, you must choose Quickneck. I am happy with Quickneck+simple warm neck combo.

Leaning toward no P valve, they just seem unneeded for more rec style use and a bit of maintenance I don't need

P-valve is also easy to add later, unlike most other drysuit options.

SITech Valve System (including hose) - Would love feedback here between the standard and the SiTech

Honestly, no real difference. Apeks low profile dump valve is lower profile than any Sitech and somewhat easier when donning gear. Some people claim Apeks low profile leaks, but others like me don't have that problem. All dump valves can leak a bit in certain conditions.
I use Apeks on all my suits, but Sitech users are equally happy with theirs.

Expedition Pocket - Both Sides - Would be interested in feedback on pockets, I like the flat ones, but they look limited in usability

I took large bellows pockets for simplicity, the expedition pockets are probably better. I'd recommend expedition pockets unless you really know that you want something else. If you ever plan carrying dir style equipment in your pockets (I mean at least spool+smb and mask+wetnotes) expedition pockets are not oversize and the large bellows pockets are minimum you need.

@Aanderson81 just for you - here is the comparison of my Expedition and Flat pockets.

As you can see, it is an absolutely massive difference in storage space, but also one hell of a dragger. I would never be carrying enough to justify 2 of the Exp pockets. The flat pocket is perfect for my (frameless) backup mask.

The zip compartment in the flap of the Exp pocket is great for keeping emergency car keys whilst the main pocket holds dive accessories. I keep emergency items, like the storm whistle, attached to the bungees but have my backup torch and DSMB with attached spool loose in there, so I can grab them without delay.

IMG_9057.jpg

I have 2 of the large pockets. I carry mask, emergency smb/spool and deco wet notes in one, the other holds my regular smb/spool, teaching wetnotes and a backup dive light, all with no problem. The expedition pockets are seriously big.

I also did without using a p-valve for some time, when I finally used one I couldn't believe how much nicer it was. I got the Trigon and have had zero issues and next to no maintenance on it at all (rinse out tube after use, while cleaning the suit)

I also did without using a p-valve for some time, when I finally used one I couldn't believe how much nicer it was. I got the Trigon and have had zero issues and next to no maintenance on it at all (rinse out tube after use, while cleaning the suit)

This. Exactly this.

This. Exactly this.
Truly the most harrowing decision for most buying a drysuit is the P valve and once tried few will even opt out again. I use a trigon on both of my suits and once I figured out to rinse it very gently, meaning low pressure, never had a problem with it.

Truly the most harrowing decision for most buying a drysuit is the P valve and once tried few will even opt out again. I use a trigon on both of my suits and once I figured out to rinse it very gently, meaning low pressure, never had a problem with it.

I have the Trigon. Never had an issue with it, yet. What actually happens when you use too much pressure, that messes up the Trigon? Does it actually push the mushroom valve stem out of its holder or something, so the mushroom is actually dislodged from where it is supposed to positioned and held?

I have no experience with Trigon, but I agree with how nice P valves are. And how intimidating.

DW

I have the Trigon. Never had an issue with it, yet. What actually happens when you use too much pressure, that messes up the Trigon? Does it actually push the mushroom valve stem out of its holder or something, so the mushroom is actually dislodged from where it is supposed to positioned and held?
What has happened with mine and a buddies is the internal mushroom gets tweaked and allows things to flow the wrong direction, all I had to do to correct it was pull it apart and wipe it down rotate the mushroom a little and no further issue. Both of mine are the later improved type. I’m just more careful while rinsing now and no issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom