Recommended fins for diver with bad plantar fasciitis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there anyone with the seawing fins that couple comment? That’s two for the Force Fin, which I had never heard of before. Thanks again for that information.

I don't believe the Force Fin is a great frog kicking fin. Apparently it can be done, but doesn't provide as much propulsion as a paddle style fin while frog kicking.

I think the foot pocket is great though. It may be worth your while to pick up a cheap set of fins to modify in the style of the Force Find to see if that reduces the amount of pain you experience.

thank you, that is very helpful as I prefer to frog kick and take my time at a relaxed pace looking for critters, though like most divers I do find myself in high current, difficult dives time to time. Sounds to me that a split fin would not be a good fit for my preferred style.

What i have said is the equivalent of heresy on this board probably will be banned soon!

The frog kick is a very powerful kick generates a lot of power but that also has to be lots of force placed your foot, just something to keep in mind while you go through this journey of figuring out what works for you.

As far as i know Atomic are the only ones who have figured out how to make a split fin work well, they even won a scubalab testers choice. pg#3 SCUBALAB REVIEWED 18 New Fins - Atomic Aquatics - PDF Catalogs | Documentation | Boating Brochures
I've seen several people dive them with no issues in current mostly flutter kick though

What i have said is the equivalent of heresy on this board probably will be banned soon!

The frog kick is a very powerful kick generates a lot of power but that also has to be lots of force placed your foot, just something to keep in mind while you go through this journey of figuring out what works for you.

As far as i know Atomic are the only ones who have figured out how to make a split fin work well, they even won a scubalab testers choice. pg#3 SCUBALAB REVIEWED 18 New Fins - Atomic Aquatics - PDF Catalogs | Documentation | Boating Brochures
I've seen several people dive them with no issues in current mostly flutter kick though

thank you all for your advice. If I find something that helps I’ll be sure to update the post. I hope everyone has a great week.

I've been struggling with PF since January until I found a stretch that worked. Runner's stretch with feet crossed has made a world of difference for me.

I'm using Fourth Element boots with insoles and Scubapro Go Sport fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom