Power inflator manual exhaust (aka oral inflate) o-ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-74

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a leaking 90-degree ("standard looking") power inflator that was attached to an OMS wing. I took it apart, and discovered that the o-ring on manual exhaust (a longish shaft with a 9/16 nut on one end and a plastic button on another) was snapped. There was in total 6 o-rings in the inflator.

I ordered an inflator o-ring kit from Northeast Scuba Supply, and it came with 5 o-rings with the one I needed the most missing. I did some googling and found the following statement on this page (Inflator Service Tool w/O-Ring Kit | Dive Gear Express®):

"The manual exhaust is not pressurized and operates independently of the power inflation mechanism. On some designs it requires an uncommon deep well socket tool for disassembly. The manual exhaust contains an additional O-ring that we've never seen fail. We don't recommend disassembling the manual exhaust assembly, and so we don't include the manual exhaust O-ring in the kit."

I'm guessing this is exactly the o-ring that I need. So my question is, is it fairly common for online vendors to not include that o-ring, and how do I go about getting it?

BTW, this video () has a list of o-rings around 2:12 in the video. The video shows a 45 degree inflator, but the manual exhaust piece looks just like the one in mine. According to the list, I need a #110 o-ring.

Yes, the kits contain the 'working' O-ring. I need to overhaul those regularly. I've never had the one you mention fail or need replacement in my whole 25 year dive time, so I think it's not common.
PM me your address and I'll send a couple of #110.

Yes, the kits contain the 'working' O-ring. I need to overhaul those regularly. I've never had the one you mention fail or need replacement in my whole 25 year dive time, so I think it's not common.
PM me your address and I'll send a couple of #110.

Thank you so much! Sending PM right now!

Looking forward to your update (with pictures.) :)

Good as new after overhaul! Many thanks, Fritz!

Attachments

• C371CCB7-2A2B-4FA0-AE32-F6EDBCDF4C7E.jpeg
    C371CCB7-2A2B-4FA0-AE32-F6EDBCDF4C7E.jpeg
    63.9 KB · Views: 117
  • BDF5E2FE-0591-4E8C-9F79-591502C86CAE.jpeg
    BDF5E2FE-0591-4E8C-9F79-591502C86CAE.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 115

Back
Top Bottom