Ring Flash?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, I think that ring flashes are extensively used by the fashion shooters, beautiful light and spectacular catch lights.
I seldom shoot the ring flash by itself, although I use it for the main light on a subject; I often add a little strobe power to generate some shadows.

Bill

Actually, I think that ring flashes are extensively used by the fashion shooters, beautiful light and spectacular catch lights.
I seldom shoot the ring flash by itself, although I use it for the main light on a subject; I often add a little strobe power to generate some shadows.

Bill

mostly after the ring light reflecting on the eyes of the model :)

Hello guys,
The Hong Kong housing maker sea frog just came out with a ring light /flash called SL108 it is quite cheap for what it offers, I am considering getting it for my TG4 for macro have a look at the following link :
SL 108 Underwater Diving Macro Ring Flash Light Fill Lighting For Sony A7 II A7R II Fujifilm X100F Waterproof Housing Case-in Macro & Ring Lights from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
and tell me what you think
All the best
Patrick

Hi, I am having big problems with Sea Frogs ring flash SL 108 - flooded after 3 dives. Obtained a replacement from the supplier via Amazon FOC but that also flooded after 3 dives. Whats going on? anyone else

The seafrog one looks a lot like the Kraken ring light. Shouldn't be flooding, but seafrogs are not known for their reliability
Bill

Here is a shot from last weekend here in Southern California of a little yellow fin fringehead. Not the catchlight.
Bill

Attachments

• fringey 2.jpg
    fringey 2.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 122
sorry, I didn't mean they were identical (although the led ring looks pretty much the same) but rather that they both are LED (not flash tube) based systems with very similar (at least on paper) outputs.
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom