Where would you live?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Singapore, KL & Bali would be high on my list, as have already been mentioned.
In Thailand, I would consider Phuket with its international airport and international schools etc, or Krabi area.
How about Barcelona? Close to Medes islands. I haven't dived there but I've heard good things.

NYC....diving is just a short flight away!:)

Vancouver.

NYC....diving is just a short flight away!:)

So true. But they raised the ticket prices to Cancun. Bastards.

Anywhere between Jupiter and Ft Lauderdale, FL. 3 major international airports, good schools (especially if you go private) and 3 nationally ranked state colleges (UF, FSU, UCF), lots of private colleges, as safe as anywhere, some of the finest hospitals in the nation, low taxes. And diving, let see, minutes from the finest diving in the world, unlimited beach diving, drift diving, wreck diving, recreational to technical. Drive of 3 hours puts you in the keys or north Florida cave diving/spring diving or diving with manatees.

I second the advice to consider the Vancouver region, or southern Vancouver island. If you don't have to be too close to the core, housing affordability isn't too bad.

YVR is a good international airport, great local diving, mountains for skiing & hiking, secure, decent health care and education.

Penang, Malaysia

I haven't been yet but it's one of the places that I've been looking into. Would still need to trsvel to dibe but I think it meets most of the rest of your criteria.

But really, Bali (I'm not sure about the healthcare) or Singapore, so ideal for your husband's travel due to airports.

Singapore, definitely for all criteria except driving to dive, though you msy be able to get very close to Tioman by car.

I'd live there in a heartbeat if I could afford it and get a Visa to do so.

Is being able to drink the water something you care about? That might eliminate some places mentioned.

Excellent question and that's another reason that I favour Singapore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom