Shark proof wetsuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally I'm not convinced chilly.

Personally I'm not convinced chilly.

Neither are they and that's why the project shall continue

My wetsuit has repelled sharks, alligators, llamas, unicorns, and occasionally, my family. How do I know? Observation.

i worked on a kill floor for 20 years (meat packing )and we had chain mesh gloves to wear for years then they came up with "cut resistant" gloves .if you were a good knives person and could keep a sharp knife you would go through that glove no problem and end up with stitches .been there done that .so a shark bite with a large bite force and very sharp razor teeth are no match for a fabric material unless it is very thick Kevlar type and even then that will only hold out for so long .but great news that they are trying to come up with new innovations

I imagine that even if this fabric successfully protects against lacerations, the bite force of a white shark could still produce significant crush damage to the underlying tissues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom