SP A700 vs APEKS XTX200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Having dived multiple dives with atx200 and xtx 50 under ice, there is no need to worry about apeks 50-200 performance under ice.

If you plan on doing any beach diving i would recommend against the A700 - grit gets into the fine threads of the adjustment knob and jams it up. S600/S620 are less prone to that.

Also you need a torx screwdriver to remove micro screws to clear 2nd stage if it gets sand inside. Enginerering by lawyers i guess.

ATX also have the 1/2" LP ports which ARE absolutely useless and inconvenient to boot
That hasn't been true for year. And whilst I've heard rumours, don't think they're discontinued yet. They're still widely for sale and on the Apeks website.

That hasn't been true for year. And whilst I've heard rumours, don't think they're discontinued yet. They're still widely for sale and on the Apeks website.
Years, I meant to type years.

I own both the Apeks XTX 200 with XTX 200 Status and the Scubapro A700 with MK 20... Apeks all day. Breathes easier, smoother. It is a noticeable difference. I will put both 2nd stages on the same tank and go back and forth between the A700 and XTX 200, the Apeks is boss. I also own the Scubapro G250V and the Scubapro S600. The only thing that separates the A700 is being hand made and metal, The S600 breathes the best of all the Scubapro's, the G250V extremely close second and then the A700. Possibly due to the smaller diaphragm. But above all the Apeks XTX 200... I also have the Apeks TX50, breathes exactly like the G250v, almost sound identical even... lol.

You know that he said that in 2011 as @UFOrb said? So unless it wasn’t true for 9 years, he was right :)

Back
Top Bottom