New charges for Sotis (Add helium)and Emilie Voissem (Nexus Underwater)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gee, trying to promote recreational diving in Libya, advancing rebreather diving in the US, and a little collateral damage in the Keys and everyone just piles on this guy.
Somehow, I never crossed paths with him.
Oh well...

Visited his store, back when it was still located in Naples n found him to be a nice guy.

Michael

They used to say that about Ted Bundy too. Such a nice guy.

Met him a few times on boats. Thought he was arrogant and a bit condescending. Also listened to some of his lecture on GF, and vowed never to take training from him.

@hroark2112 ditto. a few years ago I was at the Georgia Aquarium with my wife and it was the first day that Poseidon was doing their CCR stuff. She has watched tons of video of proper dive training with the university and has sat in on a lot of classes so she knows what good divers look like. She was commenting about hor horrific two of the divers on the rebreathers were in the big tank. They got closer to the glass and it was Peter and Claudia *also verified by the Poseidon reps who thankfully didn't hear that comment*. I saw them in the water again not long afterwards and both were pretty bad divers. Definitely not anyone I would want near me in a cave

Hey, if anyone wants to help ol' Peter out, the good doctor has put up a gofundme page for him! I'm half tempted to donate $1 and say, "I hope you enjoy prison, use this $1 to buy something nice at the commissary for your boyfriend."

Click here to support Legal help for Peter Sotis organized by Claudia Sotis
Unfortunately, the minimum donation is $5, and that is too much in order to make an uncomplimentary remark.

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA vs PETER SOTIS and EMILE VOISSEM, 19-20693

Too crafty for their own good.

Claudia Sotis posts $25k for Peter's bond​

and

Chapter 7 for
Kaizen Solutions International, LLC, dba Add Helium, LLC
Case 19-24907-JKO Doc 1 Filed 11/04/19
Peter Sotis, Managing Member

Chauncey Chapman
Chrysler Capital
Claudia Sotis
Doug Ebersole
Erik Gordon
Florida Department of Revenue
Florida Department of Revenue
Keller Landsberg, P.A.
Keller Landsberg, PA
Mikhail Afendlkov
Paypal Working Capital
Shawn Robotka
UPS
Worldwide Express​

Attachments

• 03 USA v SOTIS VOISSEM INDICTMENT Case 1:19-cr-20693-UU.pdf
    302.4 KB · Views: 324
  • 09 USA v SOTIS VOISSEM BOND Case 1:19-cr-20693-UU.pdf
    352.2 KB · Views: 260
  • 13 USA v SOTIS VOISSEM MINUTES Case 1:19-cr-20693-UU.pdf
    74.2 KB · Views: 248
  • Kaizen dba Add Helium Chapter 7 191104.pdf
    62.8 KB · Views: 292
wow just wow

I thought it was 25k bail but its actually 250k she just gave them 25k at a quarter mil if he runs they are taking this real serious .....any one know if hes still teaching ? not being able to leave fla has cramped the teaching im sure

8. After a Department of Commerce special agent instructed VOISSEM and sons
on or about August 4, 2016, not to export the rebreathers while a license determination was
pending, VOISSEM and SOnS continued to communicate with Individuals 2 and 3 to arrange for
them to have a shipping company identified by Individuals 2 and 3 pick up the rebreathers and
ship to Libya.
10. On or about August 9, 2016, knowing that the rebreathers were being exported to
Libya, VOISSEM provided the four rebreathers to a transportation company that picked them up
from Add Helium and transported them to a shipping company in Miami, Florida for export to
Libya.
11. On or about August 1 7, 2016, during a phone conversation about the rebreathers
with a Department of Commerce special agent, VOISSEM and sons concealed the fact that the
rebreathers had already been shipped to Libya.

How did they expect to get away with this? allegedly

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom