Bauer Compressor Model?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Can anyone tell me what Model this compressor is and where I can get any service or maintenance info on it?
IMG_7826.jpg
IMG_7830.jpg
IMG_7828.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7827.jpg
    IMG_7827.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_7837.jpg
    IMG_7837.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 76
Interesting.... It bears some resemblance to my old K13 / utilus compressors, but they have a single belt sheave on the flywheel. Yours might the early capitano or mariner maybe? The first stage head looks identical to mine and I thought it was different for the bigger ones. I haven't seen filters like those and they look kinda DIY ish.

I would agree, K13 with everything around it modified, likely for the better. Without the original front bracket and filter set which would cover the Bauer logo you see in the pic it looks very different. I think other parts including those filters were painted to match when they were added unless this is another manufacturers special built since several companies used that compressor in their assemblies.
https://www.bauer-kompressoren.de/f...oducts/spare-part-list/k13/TL_K13_1965-72.pdf
I was considering buying one locally (a Mako version) but I can't find anything but this poor quality exploded parts book for documentation on the K13 and I have no clue whats still available for them new so I kinda got scared off of it considering the high price the person wanted and the fact that its 50 years old.
Apparently they are still good stuff if running though.

Thanks for the link.. that’s the closest I could find to what I have. Bought it at an estate sale and supposedly the man still used to fill his and his friends tanks according to his sister.

I am just learning about this stuff having only just started looking for a compressor (maybe you know a lot already) but you might want to find a local expert to go over it with you considering the amount of custom filtration and water separation on it compared to the original. Almost have to just look inside the housings to figure out what you need to replace them.
Going by paint color it looks like it has at least one new cylinder and one new head so I would assume its been completely gone through at least once in its life.
I am hoping someone knows how to work out whether it has synthetic or mineral oil in it at the moment without a lab test. Synthetic is far better to use but is not something you can just change to without major cleaning so you would need to work out which is in it right now.

Without knowing lots more about the homemade separators and filters, I'd be too scared to run it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom